espn hd quality

Lkr

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Apr 19, 2008
alright, I just bought Dish HD yesterday for the NBA playoffs. I am watching the Wizards @ Cavs, and it looks TERRIBLE. I'm watching it on 140 ESPN HD(it has the HD next to it) and there are fuzzies around the bug and ticker. Is it just me or do others see this as well?

Another random issue is that I don't appear to have CNN HD. I get all other HD channels including the Voom, and the newly added Sci Fi/USA.

am I the only one though with a fuzzy looking bug however?

9424 is ESPN HD. 140 is SD. That's your problem!

If your reciever's set to do so, it'll put HD stations on the same channel # as the SD counterpart. I can't think of the technical term used for this, but that's not his problem.

I'm a little disappointed by ESPN's PQ, but it's not too bad. It is a little fuzzy on parts, though.

If your reciever's set to do so, it'll put HD stations on the same channel # as the SD counterpart. I can't think of the technical term used for this, but that's not his problem.

I'm a little disappointed by ESPN's PQ, but it's not too bad. It is a little fuzzy on parts, though.
Yes, my ViP211 is set to map it to the HD counterpart. If I go there its the HD version, if I hit down, its the SD version.

ESPN hd pq on Dish and Direct sux!!!

Both are still MPEG2. I use to have Charter. The ONLY good thing was the ESPN hd was very good. On Dish and Direct you pickup a lot of noise. Digi has said it is probably in the uplink feed on both Dish and Direct.

TNT always looks better for nba games to me too, but I'm watching this game right now too and it looks good to me. I don't see any "fuzzies".

What type and size is your TV Lkr?

STO was playing the same game as ESPN one day this week and STO kicked ESPN in PQ all the way. It was such a big difference that ESPN would be like DVD while STO would be Blu-Ray.

An ESPN football game in HD is awesome. I can't wait for MNF or SEC Saturday Night game. The Celtics games looked a lot better PQ wise than today's Cleveland's game for some reason.

Press Menu, 6, 8 and see what your setting is to for your TV and get HDMI or Component. I've got both on my 1080i and can't tell a bit of difference between the two only audio is where HDMI is superior.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)