ESPN monday night game

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

lowe41

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Anyone having issues with the ESPN MNF tonight? I had this a couple weeks ago and it went away now its back. For those that remember when Sunday night football started on NBC and how it looked, that is what ESPN looks like. Every couple seconds there is a small flash of pixelation. It doesn't do it on other channels.
I have an H20-600 and a slimeline dish; all my signals are 84 +.
Thanks

Well I would look into getting my signal strengths higher that 84, even though this likely is NOT the cause. With any digital signal you will NEVER have 100% perfection; EVER. This could very well even be at the source level just as well as it could be at the DirecTV level. I for one have not seen any tonight but have on the rare occasion.

Anyone having issues with the ESPN MNF tonight? I had this a couple weeks ago and it went away now its back. For those that remember when Sunday night football started on NBC and how it looked, that is what ESPN looks like. Every couple seconds there is a small flash of pixelation. It doesn't do it on other channels.
I have an H20-600 and a slimeline dish; all my signals are 84 +.
Thanks
I watched the whole MNF on ESPN HD and no issues, perfect picture and sound.

This was my first MPEG4 ESPN viewing experience and I must say that it was stellar. The lighting inside Texas Stadium may have been a helper in this, but everything looked very clean and crisp. Wasn't paying much attention to the audio as I clicked the skip button at the end of every play so that I could watch the game in just about an hour vs 3.5 hours "live".

And as a non-partisan viewer...WOW, what a game! :) Just hope the rest of the season can be this entertaining.

Thanks guys for the reply. As for the signal strength most of them are 95+, I asked the DTV guy the last time he was at my house about the 84's and I was told that is the best he could do?? Does ESPN HD come from D11? if so does anyone now the TP?
Thanks again, I hope it clears up.

So, I finally called DTV tech support with my issue and they said it may be the H20-600 I own?? I guess I have one of the ones being recalled/replaced and for some reason it is the problem? I have a couple questions if anyone can help me out.

First, if it were the H20 would all or more channels have the same issue?or is this possible? .

Secondly, what are they sending out for replacements these days? Does anyone know? I hope its a new H21.

I explained to her that my signal strengths on those particular TP were in the low 80's and she still insisted it was the reciever. We'll see...

So, I finally called DTV tech support with my issue and they said it may be the H20-600 I own?? I guess I have one of the ones being recalled/replaced and for some reason it is the problem? I have a couple questions if anyone can help me out.

First, if it were the H20 would all or more channels have the same issue?or is this possible? .

Secondly, what are they sending out for replacements these days? Does anyone know? I hope its a new H21.

I explained to her that my signal strengths on those particular TP were in the low 80's and she still insisted it was the reciever. We'll see...
There is an even newer model, the H23 that you may prefer, since it eliminates the need for a bbc. Here is a link to the discussion about it:
http://www.satelliteguys.us/directv-forum/138762-new-receiver-h23-update-now-pictures.html

Thanks RACJ2, I got it today and its an H21. I hope it is as good as or better than my H-20. Never had to replace one, that is the H20-600 I have had for almost 3 years.

So what are your signal levels with the new one ?
You mentioned 84 as your level on some transponers, 84 is not bad at all, yes it could be a few higher, but it's still very acceptable, now if they were at 60 and down, I would be concerned. Keep in mind, not all are going to be in the top range. Some are low because they do not service you and your picking them up from other areas.

Jimbo

Hi Jimbo,

Thanks for the reply. The signal strength is still about the same with the H21, some are a little lower (upper 70's). The lower strengths are on the 103 and 99. Sat 119 and 110 are all 99 or 100; maybe it needs to be re-aligned? The picture is great on all the channels, I just want the flickering/stuttering to stop on ESPN and ESPN2. So far so good, but I haven't watched much the last couple days, I have been studying...
Thanks again for the reply.

I am also experiencing problems with espnhd. There is a slight judder and the ticker jumps and gets out of focus. On all the tv's.
SS 96, lnb and multiswitch changed.

Now I am noticing ticker issues on all channells and on all the Tv's in the house. In addition the video skips for a fraction aof a second. Only on Hd.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts