ESPN-PLEASE! DUMP KORNHEISER!

Did anyone else get sick of Korn-hole mentioning F**v*?

Kornheiser talked about F* so often that even his own booth-mate, Mike Tirico, finally had to shut him off at the start of the second half: “You’re limited to five mentions (of F*),” said Tirico, generously discounting the number of times “F*” rolled off Kornheiser’s tongue.

When it comes to mentioning YKW, it's bad everywhere (ESPN, NFLN, etc.), BUT Korn-hole is the worst offender...........by far!

LMAO!!! No, he didn't??? DID HE????!!!! :eek::haha:haha:haha

shortly, after the 3rd quarter started, she mentioned her halftime locker room chat with him and said (something like)....``suzy, i don't know how to fix this mess. do you have any suggestions?'' one of the mikes asked if she gave him any. i believe she said no!

Bill,

was Dennis Miller any better as a MNF announcer?

I think he's the creme de le crap of football microphone men.

I feel that Miller was slightly worse than Kornheiser is right now, because of his idioctic sayings.

Bill,

was Dennis Miller any better as a MNF announcer?

I think he's the creme de le crap of football microphone men.

I feel that Miller was slightly worse than Kornheiser is right now, because of his idioctic sayings.

I agree Miller sucked as a commentator (much worse than Kornheiser as an analyst), BUT at least Miller was funny sometimes.

Miller, Kornheiser and the like are attempts by ESPN/ABC to make MNF what it once was. Once, it was an "event". The TV era has changed. Nothing is an "event" in the 200 channel world, and in the coming 20000 channel world, nothing more needs be said.

Now, really, how many of you have EVER made a decision based on who is calling a game. Have you EVER chosen between the Fox or CBS NFL Sunday afternoon game based on who is doing the calls? Between ESPN, ESPN2, FSN, ABC, CBS, or NBC on an NCAA Saturday?

It just does not matter. The empty suits that run network TV like to pretend they work for a living. The truth is that people choose Michigan @ Notre Dame over Georgia @ South Carolina based on the value of the games. Not who is announcing, who has super-duper-looper-mooper slo-mo, what the background music is in and out of a break, which graphics package is on, or whatever.

ESPN should just play MNF straight, with two announcers that do not make $100K/year between the two of them. Its money wasted.

Miller, Kornheiser and the like are attempts by ESPN/ABC to make MNF what it once was. Once, it was an "event". The TV era has changed. Nothing is an "event" in the 200 channel world, and in the coming 20000 channel world, nothing more needs be said.

Now, really, how many of you have EVER made a decision based on who is calling a game. Have you EVER chosen between the Fox or CBS NFL Sunday afternoon game based on who is doing the calls? Between ESPN, ESPN2, FSN, ABC, CBS, or NBC on an NCAA Saturday?

It just does not matter. The empty suits that run network TV like to pretend they work for a living. The truth is that people choose Michigan @ Notre Dame over Georgia @ South Carolina based on the value of the games. Not who is announcing, who has super-duper-looper-mooper slo-mo, what the background music is in and out of a break, which graphics package is on, or whatever.

ESPN should just play MNF straight, with two announcers that do not make $100K/year between the two of them. Its money wasted.
Problem is that there are some people who are just that stubborn or that spiteful towards their announcers. My mom used to despise watching Mets games on television because of one of the announcers, nearly to the point where sometimes she would mute the tv or switch the channel. For the life of me I can't remember who it was, but don't think that NO ONE gets turned off by who is announcing. There are even some people who will mute the audio of a sports game on television and put on a radio feed instead, even though the audio doesn't always sync perfectly (especially nowadays.)
I think the main issue is that while no one decides which game to watch because of the announcers, people do decide which game NOT to watch based on the announcer.
I do feel that this current crew on MNF is nothing noteworthy. MNF really jumped the shark when it jumped over to ESPN. It just lost the mystique it had and it feels like it has been "cheapened" by it's transition over to a cable network. There just seems to be something "less special" about a sporting event broadcast on cable versus on the "Big 4" networks.

i wonder if after last night espn will finally realize this guy doesn't belong at the booth of an NFL game? talk about putting your own foot in your mouth.

He's bad, but not Dennis Miller bad.

Miller S-U-C-K-E-D!!!

At least Kornheiser has a connection to sports (his years as a writer); Miller had ZERO relatibility to sports. They wanted to go for the "younger demographic."

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)