Espn Poll

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
I had voom installed 3/31/04 but I will not stay without the addition of espn channels. ANd voom will not survive without them. ESPNHD is not that important to me at this point at 20 HD sports events a month (.67 hours a day..pathetic). ANd the new HD facility will only generate HD fluff in my opinion. But the mainstream sports content is what voom is missing and thats what espn will add.( O and im insulted that ESPNHD stretches and upconverts)

I have some patience, but it is finite. It is not so much ESPNHD, it is ESPN. Voom is my only content provider. $80/mo is enough for one person to pay for programming.

I, for one, would love to have ESPN HD and hope to get it before the NFL season starts. I'm looking forward to seeing the Sunday night games in HD, if possible.

You might want to add another option or rephrase a current one.

I could really care less if VOOM adds ESPN-HD tomorrow. But if they don't have it in time for the football season, I am gone. I think there are probably a lot of football fans that feel the same way.

Can't or dont know how to change it,but i was thinking that with #3,because voom decides to get it would be by it goes Mpeg-4 for me!

rang1995 said:
Can't or dont know how to change it,but i was thinking that with #3,because voom decides to get it would be by it goes Mpeg-4 for me!

Rang goe to thread tools and there's an option to edit polls.

September is too long of a wait. Summer and baseball just go together. If we're into June and nothing is happening, I'd probably, gulp, get E*.

stretches and upconverts

That can't be good. Why the heck would you buy and use HD equipment that's 4:3. That's like buying an off road truck with "slicks" for tires. They are still tires but they are not ment to be used that way.

Get rid of some of the other exclusive content and add ESPN. V* can't be a serious contender until they get it, so when they are ready for the real time, they will get it. By the look of today's antics with the update, they have a whole lot of time before they are ready to get their 25,000 accounts.

Yeah, it will be nice, but you will see more than just a lineup change when ESPN comes to town.

I dont care for espn, espnhd. I would rather see other programming...

BUT..

since there are ALOT of people that really want this channel, then its better to go ahead and get it. Make the crowds happy. Same with hgtv and scifi. Get it, get it fast, then start adding other programming :D

I was told last week by sales when I signed up that they are targeting having ESPN in the next 3 months. Don't know if that is HD or not. Prefer HD since my Hitachi up-converts and long shots in football look poopy. :)

since cablevision signed a deal yesterday with espn im sure it will be here in a couple weeks. Bravo was.

It's a deal breaker for me. We gotta get it. I used to watch ESPN every day and I am in serious withdrawal. Pardon the Interruption is probably my favorite SD show and I love HD basketball and football.

I like PTI also. I would love to see sunday night football and the hockey games on ESPN-HD. When V* gets it "I'm in like Flinn".

What is this "ESPN" thing you'll keep talking about?

Actually, I'm with "obba" as I don't have much interest in ESPN (although in HD who knows) but believe as VOOM has indicated over the past few months that having it on VOOM is critical for VOOM's success. Would like to see Sci-Fi and HGTV but willing to wait until they have the capacity hopefully late summer.

Under sunny and warm Seattle skies, Gill

I want MORE!

I want ESPN.........why not......some of the best sports, NFL, etc.
Hope we get HD too if it carries the same programming and not reruns!

I'd like some HDTV, USA................combine all the cinema 10 stations into one and they'll have plenty of bandwidth on the sat.

They really need to improve their programming a lot.........need more stations!

:eureka

kirkdj said:
I want ESPN.........why not......some of the best sports, NFL, etc.
Hope we get HD too if it carries the same programming and not reruns!

I'd like some HDTV, USA................combine all the cinema 10 stations into one and they'll have plenty of bandwidth on the sat.

They really need to improve their programming a lot.........need more stations!

:eureka

You want to free up bandwith and add more channels of... what, more SD programing?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)