ESPN/TNT loose NASCAR to NBC

I just don't see get it.Nascar isn't performing like the NFL,or even NCAA football for that matter.In my opinion NBC way overpaid for a declining product.Attendance is way down,ratings are way down,yet they pay $4 billion?To me it's an act of desperation by NBC to stay in the major sporting game.

Actually, I think it's thier way of saying, Hey, were here and we can compete with the other Sports guys as well.

Actually, I think it's thier way of saying, Hey, were here and we can compete with the other Sports guys as well.

They better hope Nascar go on an upswing.If not,they won't be in the sports game for very long.

This may just be the beginning. NBC may take the sports domination from FOX with other sports like MLB.

Sent from my Jailbroken iPhone 5 using SatelliteGuys

I think they way over paid for a sport that right now is on the down swing in a big way.

This may just be the beginning. NBC may take the sports domination from FOX with other sports like MLB.

Sent from my Jailbroken iPhone 5 using SatelliteGuys
You're going to have to wait a while though. Fox's current MLB deal runs through 2021, and 2022 with the NFL...

Its just gonna cause ESPN financial issues, possibly a reduction in provider costs, then some other entity is going to raise their fee's. Wont solve the issue at hand.

First of all, I'm not a NASCAR fan at all so I don't have any stake in this. I am a big sports fan and I do watch sports channels daily. Does anyone really think ESPN will ask for less money because they lost NASCAR though? Forget sports... how often does any channel negotiate for less money? No, they will still get a rate increase from Dish and everyone else during the next contract negotiations.

ESPN is a major channel and it's not going anywhere. It may go off Dish for a short period of time like BTN did at the contract end date while the two sides negotiate. It is a channel everyone knows and it would leave too big of a hole in any providers lineup if they dropped it. If people think Dish got a lot of heat for AMC it would be nothing compared to the complaints they would get for dropping ESPN right before NCAA and Monday Night Football. The sports haters better get used to it because it's not going anywhere any more than CNN or Fox News are.

Now, ESPN won't accept less money because they lost NASCAR but NBC Sports will most likely ask for more and better package placement because of this deal. There's even more fuel for the sports haters' fire because not only will they pay for ESPN but they will pay more for NBC Sports too. I dropped from AT250 to AT200 about 6 months ago and by far the biggest thing I missed was NHL playoffs on NBC Sports. The NHL crowd isn't really big enough to force Dish to offer NBCS in lower packages but the NASCAR crowd might be.

The sports haters are going to have to drop to packages like Directv's Entertainment package soon if they want to avoid sports and even that would get them ESPN and ESPN2.

Will the races air on NBC or on one of the NBC Networks?

Both. I think 7 will be shown on NBC. The others shown on NBCSN...
There is a slight problem. Some NBC affiliates have college basketball and college football contracts that preempt all other programming.
Should a race be scheduled during one of these events, the local affiliate would go with the college game(s). This would leave the race fan without television coverage for that particular race...Not good.

ROFLMAO! I was also at Woodstock back in 69. The reply was just a way of telling you that not all NASCAR fans are redneck.
Back in the days of the big dish before everything became encrypted, an ideal day would be to catch the backhaul in the morning of an F1 race, then the backhaul of NASCAR and tape Indy if there was a conflict. Those were the days when you could watch the feeds without any commercials. In NASCAR the announcers would be eyeing the good looking women while everyone else was watching the commercials.

ROFLMAO! I was also at Woodstock back in 69. The reply was just a way of telling you that not all NASCAR fans are redneck.
Back in the days of the big dish before everything became encrypted, an ideal day would be to catch the backhaul in the morning of an F1 race, then the backhaul of NASCAR and tape Indy if there was a conflict. Those were the days when you could watch the feeds without any commercials. In NASCAR the announcers would be eyeing the good looking women while everyone else was watching the commercials.

Ahhh, those were the days !

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)