Future Hall of Famers

stmcld

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Apr 24, 2008
Henderson KY
Sabathia will make it. He's over 200 wins now. Make it to 250 and he's a cinch. Wright and Longoria do need a few more really good seasons. They also need to make the playoffs and have an impact. Post season play can make a difference in making it or not. Beltran may make it eventually. He's one of those in betweeners. If he had played a long time with one team that would help him too. I don't think McCann makes it as of now. He needs a few huge seasons to make it and make an impact in the playosfs.

I also think C.C. will make it if he gets to 250 and above. That 300 magic number is almost unattainable now.

Typical slow day article to fill space....Harper, Trout, and Puig are mentioned in the list....:rolleyes:
I agree. After one year they are already mentioning HOF. That is funny. I think the Puig mention was more sarcasm though.

I would also question half of the people on the list in addition to these three.

Don't you have to play like 10 years before you can make it .... they want to put Harper Trout and Puig in already :rolleyes:

I'm not sure there are any minimum qualifications. But you do need to put in some time before you should be considered a great of the game. IIRC, Ralph Kiner only played 10 seasons before retiring due to back problems. He may have the least amount of time as any player in the HOF.

I'm not sure there are any minimum qualifications. But you do need to put in some time before you should be considered a great of the game. IIRC, Ralph Kiner only played 10 seasons before retiring due to back problems. He may have the least amount of time as any player in the HOF.

Maybe it's the NFL that has a 10 year requirement.

I don't think so.

Gayle Sayers only played 7 years and Jim Brown 9. Those are 2 I can think of the top of my head, there are probably more.

However, they may have made exceptions for them as well.

I think Ramy posted earlier that it was MLB that has the 10 year rule, with exceptions of course.

I don't think so.

Gayle Sayers only played 7 years and Jim Brown 9. Those are 2 I can think of the top of my head, there are probably more.

After looking further into this, it appears that there may not be ANY requirement of playing/years in the NFL.

I keep finding that the player must be out of football for 5 years.

:confused: This was mentioned in the link that Ramy provided earlier:

To qualify for the ballot, a player must have played at least 10 years in the major leagues and be retired for five -- requirements that are sometimes waived for special cases, such as the untimely death of Roberto Clemente in 1972. Addie Joss had 160 victories and a career earned run average of 1.88 but was one game short of 10-year status when tubercular meningitis killed him just before the opening of the 1911 season. He was finally admitted by the Veterans Committee in 1978.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts