ESPN U HD looking good

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Rey ... I am getting D* installed tomorrow and am having second thoughts. I think the HD Lite is a bunch of crap ... do you really notice a difference? The only reason I am switching is for HD locals which Charlie announced coming last November... but still waiting. I am getting the new HR24 and H24 with MRV and it sounds like the new receiver's will be more like E*s. Hopefully Iam not making a mistake.
i remember when i was switching from dish to directv. i was scared to death. canceled the install twice. the slowness of the dvrs was an issue for me. but that has much improved even with my slow hr21. it performs much better now compared to when i made the switch 2 years ago. if you have a good size hdtv you will definitely notice an improvement in pic quality. i can say now that i have no regrets switching to D*. especially with their newest dvr HR24 resolving so many of the issues many of us complained about.
i felt just like you but trust me that in the long run you will be happy with D*. especially when you're getting what you need like your HD locals. you mind me asking what deal directv gave you?

you should see the difference. and the larger you go the more noticeable the difference is.

yup, generally, 35" ish and under you probably can't see the difference, also the quality of the set will also make a difference.

I have a buddy that has had HD for several years now, came to my house and wondered outloud how my TV set up looked so much better than his.

Gopher, it is not a massive difference, but I can see it as well on a 42 and a 46 incher. As Rey said, the larger you go, the more noticable it is. To me at least.

Gopher, it is not a massive difference, but I can see it as well on a 42 and a 46 incher. As Rey said, the larger you go, the more noticable it is. To me at least.
its not massive but as many of us have mentioned its very noticeable. gopher,you will notice and enjoy the better pic quality for sure. recent dish subs that switched to directv like hemi 6.1 and elwaylite,first thing they posted was how much better the HD quality is on directv. as smith said its not massive but enough to please your eyes.

Does anyone know if the March Madness package will be available this next year? It is not showing up in their sports package section on the web site.
I thought I read somehwere that was going to be a different arrangement for the 2011 season. The games would all be seen on several networks, or something like that. during the playoffs.

Does anyone know if the March Madness package will be available this next year? It is not showing up in their sports package section on the web site.
I thought I read somehwere that was going to be a different arrangement for the 2011 season. The games would all be seen on several networks, or something like that. during the playoffs.

I would have to say YES, it will be there ....
Not seeing it there at this time of the year does not surprise me at all.

I have not heard anything about it changing though.

Rey ... I am getting D* installed tomorrow and am having second thoughts. I think the HD Lite is a bunch of crap ... do you really notice a difference? The only reason I am switching is for HD locals which Charlie announced coming last November... but still waiting. I am getting the new HR24 and H24 with MRV and it sounds like the new receiver's will be more like E*s. Hopefully Iam not making a mistake.

It is far from a bunch of crap. Dish looks pitiful if you look closely. You'll likely be surprised.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)