Great DirecTV Upgrade Experience

Status
Please reply by conversation.

GailLA

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Apr 6, 2009
Northern CA
We often discuss here what is lacking or what goes wrong. I've been guilty of that for sure. So today I wanted to talk about what went right.

On Tuesday we finally decided to add a DVR to our existing H23. Ever since we've had DirecTV, we've only had one box and no recorder so this was a real step up. I scheduled the install for this morning (Friday). The installer called at 7:55 am to let us know we were his second stop of the day and when to expect him. I thought that was great. Then he called to let us know he was on his way and to confirm our location.

First off, he showed me his ID. Then he did an assessment of the site and talked to us about what he was going to do. I did ask if we were getting an HR24 and he said no, it would be an HR21, which I didn't complain about because after all our DVR addition and installation didn't cost us a cent except for the monthly DVR and lease fee for the second box. (I guess we've been good customers).

When it came time to bring in the DVR he said that he was out of HR21s and that we were getting an HR24. Of course I got the basic recording lesson and he even let my husband know that he would have to use the power button on the remote to turn on the Vizio he have upstairs. Before he left he made sure to ask us if we had any more questions.

We did not get MRV at this time, but I'm so thrilled that my husband can now watch his ballgames upstairs while he works, and downstairs we can record as well as watch things together.

Along with getting 5 new HDs , this installation experience has made it a great week. And with a DVR we have finally entered the 21st Century, lol.

We often discuss here what is lacking or what goes wrong. I've been guilty of that for sure. So today I wanted to talk about what went right.

On Tuesday we finally decided to add a DVR to our existing H23. Ever since we've had DirecTV, we've only had one box and no recorder so this was a real step up. I scheduled the install for this morning (Friday). The installer called at 7:55 am to let us know we were his second stop of the day and when to expect him. I thought that was great. Then he called to let us know he was on his way and to confirm our location.

First off, he showed me his ID. Then he did an assessment of the site and talked to us about what he was going to do. I did ask if we were getting an HR24 and he said no, it would be an HR21, which I didn't complain about because after all our DVR addition and installation didn't cost us a cent except for the monthly DVR and lease fee for the second box. (I guess we've been good customers) When it came time to bring in the DVR he said that he was out of HR21s and that we were getting an HR24. Of course I got the basic recording lesson and he even let my husband know that he would have to use the power button on the remote to turn on the Vizio he have upstairs. Before he left he made sure to ask us if we had any more questions.

We did not get MRV at this time, but I'm so thrilled that my husband can now watch his ballgames upstairs while he works, and downstairs we can record as well as watch things together.

Along with getting 5 new HDs , this installation experience has made it a great week. And with a DVR we have finally entered the 21st Century, lol.

Congrats And it's always good to hear when things go well also. :)

Most of the time when things go well, they go un reported as they should go smoothly and don't get acknowledged ... :)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts