ESPN/World Cup Commercial Public shiort term

Status
Please reply by conversation.

AntAltMike

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Aug 28, 2005
A campground customer of mine where I maintained the free-to-guest SMATV needs ESPN for its Conference Center public viewing room to make the World Cup on ESPN available to his Conference Center visitors. The owner recently got brazen and dropped ESPN from his free-to-guest lineup a few months ago but is now concerned that he may incur guest complaints if they can't at least watch it in the Conference Center.

He'd like to get ESPN for 3 to 5 months. That is how long he thinks he needs it for. I know nothing about the World Cup. While I'm sure he'd prefer HD, I don't think he requires it. If he pays full freight for his own hardware, can he get it for less than one year, either in SD or HD? The last time I read DirecTV's hotel, free-to-guest contract (In Feb of 2013), they had even taken out the one year minimum term for that class of service and made it monthly for those hotels that owned their own headends, but I didn't scrutinize the other DirecTV commercial contracts at that time.

As far as capacity is concerned, his TV room probably is just under 100.

1. What is the shortest term and

2. What is programming rate and

3. Unsubsidized receiver prices

If they will be running games simultaneously on ESPN and ESPN2, then I guess he'd have to set up a second TV, either in the same room or in the smaller, dining room.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)