Espn2 Hd??

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Roycap

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Jun 13, 2004
Are we getting ESPN2 HD beginning Thursday 1/6? Anyone know for sure?
Channel?

I want it too!!!

I contacted D* in Santa Monica on 12/31 and they informed me that will not be carrying ESPN2 HD in the near future.

taclearo@earthlink.net said:
According to the ESPN website, it will be on the air for NCAA hoops tomorrow night.

The ESPN website only talks about the 01/06 debut and the programming to air, not any providers that will carry it. BUT let's hope D* included ESPN2-HD in the last Disney negotiations and already has a slot allocated for it.

ams1500 said:
I contacted D* in Santa Monica on 12/31 and they informed me that will not be carrying ESPN2 HD in the near future.

D* has a shown a tendency to not disclose when new services will air, even if they will air on the following day; first level CSRs almost never know in advance, and any corporate offices will deny it as well until after the service airs.

They all do this just in case something falls through or if they have a technical issue that will prevent them from broadcasting.

ams1500 said:

DA* has a tendency to not disclose when new services will air, even if they will air on the following day; first level CSRs almost never know in advance, and any corporate offices will deny as well until after the service airs.

They all do this just in case something falls through or if they have a technical issue that will prevent them from broadcasting.

Yeah, I probably got the run-around and was transferred to OK or AL. Live and learn...

well.. d* has a press conference tomorrow at 12noon - you never know what could happen.. bschnider is saying discovery hd is being tested on a different transponder.. could be d* is doing a generic test for the feed of espn2hd - a channel that does not exist yet.. could be interesting.. I for one want espn2hd tomorrow to watch the bearcats!!

I say the press conference is for ESPN2HD. I can not see them not offering that channel on the first day with them already having ESPNHD and ABCHD. I think it is a done deal. We will see tomorrow!

ams1500 said:
If you spoke to one of the CSRs - they aren't told many times until AFTER the channel is live. That happened with the last 3 new channels they fired up. Rumors are more reliable than the CSRs when it comes to new programming info.

Now that we're insde of 24 hours - maybe BSchneider can enlighten us????

Yes, CSRs can be clueless. I was at a friends house Saturday, and was noting he wasn't getting ABC-HD when he should have. I live a block away and was getting it. He calls D* and the first two people he went through told him D* never has, doesn't now, and might not ever have ABC-HD!!!

ESPN TO LIGHT UP ESPN2 HD
ESPN2 HD TO LAUNCH LIVE FROM CONSUMER ELECTRONICS SHOW

Las Vegas, Nev. – ESPN2 HD, a high-definition simulcast of ESPN2, will launch Thursday at 7 p.m. EST. The opening night tripleheader will feature top teams from three different conferences - Conference USA, the Big 12 and West Coast Conference: DePaul at #20 Cincinnati (7 p.m.), Memphis at #11 Texas (9 p.m.) and #17 Gonzaga at Santa Clara (11 p.m.). The countdown for the service will take place at the Consumer Electronics Show in Las Vegas where executives from ESPN and the Consumer Electronic Association will be present to commemorate the launch.

ESPN HD and ESPN2 HD will offer a total of 82 live events in the first 83 days of 2005 across both services. This includes all Saturday primetime basketball match-ups, and a total 28 games as part of Championship Week Presented by 7UP. Rivalry Week, Presented by Cisco Systems, will include top games such as Villanova at St. Joseph's (ESPN2 HD), Boston College at Notre Dame (ESPN2 HD), #24 N.C. State at #3 Wake Forest (ESPN HD), Notre Dame at #12 Pittsburgh (ESPN HD) and #6 Duke at #23 Maryland (ESPN HD).

Distribution agreements for ESPN2 HD have been signed with DIRECTV, Inc. and Adelphia Communications.

“The future of television is here and we are thrilled to launch our second high-definition service live from the Consumer Electronics Show,” said Bryan Burns, vice president strategic planning and business development, ESPN. “We will take full advantage of every opportunity across our two HD services to maximize the number of dates on which fans can see an originally-produced event on either ESPN HD or ESPN2 HD. This is another big day in the development of HD programming.”

In celebration of the launch of ESPN2 HD, 291,827 fans voted on ESPN.com and selected the game that analyst Dick Vitale will call on opening night of the service. Their choice with over 45% of the votes, Memphis at Texas (9 p.m.), was revealed January 1 during ESPN’s coverage of #9 Georgia Tech at #2 Kansas.

I understand the "signed agreements" and the "1/6 launch date" and knew them to always be in place but does that guarantee us 100% that the channel already has an allocated space and will be turned on?

TNT-HD has been in this state of hold.

DirecTV, Adelphia Slate ESPN2 HD

By Ken Kerschbaumer -- Broadcasting & Cable, 1/5/2005 5:03:00 PM

ESPN2 HD, the second HD network to be launched by ESPN, has been cleared for takeoff on DirecTV and Adelphia cable systems.

The network debuts on Thursday night at 7 p.m. with a college basketball triple header.

ESPN is officially launching the service from the floor of the Consumer Electronics Show (CES) in Las Vegas.

“We will take full advantage of every opportunity across our two HD services to maximize the number of dates on which fans can see originally produced events on either ESPN HD or ESPN2 HD.”

So if that source is correct, I'd hate to be E* & Voom when D* is launching ESPN2HD right in front of them at CES. I just can't imagine all 3 companies not having this channel right away.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)