ESPN360 feeds

Status
Please reply by conversation.

WEC4104

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Mar 13, 2007
College football is fast approaching, and checking schedules I see that some of the games I will want to catch are only carried by ESPN360. My high speed internet provider (Comcast) does not carry ESPN360.

I am wondering if anyone has ever tripped across ESPN360 feeds. Ku or C? encrypted? Since they are intended for broadband distribution, I am guessing they aren't HD or 4:2:2.

Anyone?

Every now and then you might see a feed, but they are far and few in between. ESPN 360 is a computer generated service. I don't know how to do it, but my son will get on his laptop, pull it up, run a S video from the computer to the TV and watches the game. I am sure you will get some input from someone that knows more than I do (which doesn't take much) that will guide you in the right direction.

I have seen some before on the Ku band, they were not encrypted, they might have been 4:2:2, I would recommend that you get a DVB PC tuner card since a lot of sports are in 4:2:2.

Yes, ESPN360 is distributed to viewers over the internet, so traditionally you need a computer and the right internet service provider to watch it. Unlike the other ESPN channels, you cannot receive ESPN360 through normal cable TV providers or satellite subscription services. Thus my dillema.

They have an unusual business model. To receive ESPN360, the user pays no fee. Instead ESPN360 charges the internet service provider. Some providers agree, but my provider (Comcast) does not.

I am hoping that the broadcast signal originating from the stadium is handled with a satellite feed I can grab. Of course, the signal is intended for eventual internet transmission, so I suppose it could be transmitted out of the stadium via internet as well.

I didn't know what it was, but thought it was prob internet-tv, if it helps any, I saw a c-band test pattern for espn360 last sunday , IA5-23 analog, but didn't look back later to see if anything ever came on it.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)