ESPNHD and Discovery HD out?

Hmm I watched some ESPNHD did not check out the other. I wonder if they are moving things around maybe the next uplink report will let us know something..

I lost TP17 a few times again today also. Signal was all over the place. Right now it is at 43% and no picture on either channel. Was down to 22%, up to 87%.

Just checked my setup, only getting 62 percent on that transponder. Granted, there is light snow flurries going on, but the "home" transponder on the 119 and 110 (transponder 11) is showing 105 and 94, respectively, with the D1000 I have.

119W have home tpn#19
110W - tpn#21

I had short discussion with JonhH about the subject here;
you can find there all home transponders.

Last edited:
well, TP17 is back to 88% today again.

No other channels on 110 have had any issues and TP21 has never been below 85% during any of these issues that I am having with Tp17.

Is this a question?

You can measure dowlink signal by your equipment.

Are you asking if I can measure SS? If so I do have a satellite spectrum analyser that gives me a received signal level. It won't be as accurate as the value that the uplink will be able to register but adequate for general usage.

You can measure dowlink signal by your equipment.
not always true in my opinion, at least with my fta receiver you sometimes get an idea of the uplink strength as sometimes a feed will be very weak until they tweak the uplink. I know it's not the transponder on the satellite varying that much in signal strength so it must be coming from the uplink.

I think what you are seeing here is that maybe Echo 8 is not too healthy of a satellite... A prime candidate for replacement with E11...!

-B

not always true in my opinion, at least with my fta receiver you sometimes get an idea of the uplink strength as sometimes a feed will be very weak until they tweak the uplink. I know it's not the transponder on the satellite varying that much in signal strength so it must be coming from the uplink.

Well, I'm not exclude uplink problem, but there are too many factors what affect downlink signal, so you simple don't have any tool to prove/disprove the possibility, also we don't have any information if they twick uplink or parameters of satellite equipment.
Our side ( ie receivers) cannot tell anything beside SS/SQ of downlink at particular points of Earth.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)

Latest posts