ESPNU and Fx

Status
Please reply by conversation.

gadgtfreek

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
May 29, 2006
Lower Alabama
Is it me, or do these two channels look inconsistent PQ wise compared to a lot of other good Directv HD channels?

I watch a lot of ESPNU, and IMO, it's never been as good as the other two ESPN's, since it went HD. But over the last Ult Fighter, and now Sons of Anarchy, I see a lot of compression issues on walls and things on Fx. Same thing that went on with HBO a year or two ago that was annoying, the pulse. Overall, 720p channels usually looks great, but these two seem to have issues.

Im watching on a calibrated 65" at about 10-11ft, FYI.

ESPNU HD has been hit and miss for a while. It does vary. Mostly good pq.
ESPN HD and ESPN2 HD have been hits. Even MNF so far this year. This tells me it's an ESPNU problem and not a Directv issue.

Two and a Half men and the little college football they show is the only thing I've watched on FX. Have noticed not as crisp as usual.

ESPNU HD has been hit and miss for a while. It does vary. Mostly good pq.
ESPN HD and ESPN2 HD have been hits. Even MNF so far this year. This tells me it's an ESPNU problem and not a Directv issue.

Two and a Half men and the little college football they show is the only thing I've watched on FX. Have noticed not as crisp as usual.

Not necessarily ....
If D* has it in a location where it's like the 6th channel on the transponder, that could be the issue.

That said, I don't know where to find that type of info.

I have seen highlights of ESPNU hd on OTA of ABC.

Ill stick with my theory. :)

I too have seen the same on ABC OTA, when they swap to a ESPNU feed it looks pretty bad. Granted some ESPN showings are hit and miss, but ESPNU seems to be worse.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)