ESPNU HD....WHEN???

What are your definitions of "useless HD channels"?

My Definition: Speed, Fox Soccer Channel, ESPNews, The Sportsman's Channel, WFN, Logo, Centric, Fox Sports Ohio, Versus and CBS College Sports. I'd give them all up for TCM HD. :)

My Definition: Speed, Fox Soccer Channel, ESPNews, The Sportsman's Channel, WFN, Logo, Centric, Fox Sports Ohio, Versus and CBS College Sports. I'd give them all up for TCM HD. :)

I'll have to say that I wouldn't classify any sports channels as "useless" but I do agree that:

LOGO AND CENTRIC ARE USELESS USE OF HD

I like Centric for the old shows but none of them are pushed out in 1080, the rest I could do without for sure.

Without actually counting, I know I have many HD channels I seldom if ever watch. And yet, I keep checking their scheduling to see if a particular show has come up that I want to view, and sometimes I'm pleasantly surprised. ("Justified" on FX is a good example.) "Useless" is always in the eye of the beholder. If viewing demographics show enough people find a channel "useless," it tends to disappear from the airwaves.

Two channels I watch frequently, not in HD, are ESPNU and TCM. Content trumps delivery mode. While watching these channels in HD would enhance the experience, I plan to keep viewing them. But I'm not holding my breath waiting for either to appear in HD--I don't think it will happen for a while yet. Maybe not in my lifetime. But I remain hopeful.

Best regards,
Fitzie

Without actually counting, I know I have many HD channels I seldom if ever watch. And yet, I keep checking their scheduling to see if a particular show has come up that I want to view, and sometimes I'm pleasantly surprised. ("Justified" on FX is a good example.) "Useless" is always in the eye of the beholder. If viewing demographics show enough people find a channel "useless," it tends to disappear from the airwaves.

Two channels I watch frequently, not in HD, are ESPNU and TCM. Content trumps delivery mode. While watching these channels in HD would enhance the experience, I plan to keep viewing them. But I'm not holding my breath waiting for either to appear in HD--I don't think it will happen for a while yet. Maybe not in my lifetime. But I remain hopeful.

Best regards,
Fitzie

I'd call HD channels with absolutely no HD content and no stated plans to broadcast HD content useless when compared with channels that are majority HD.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts