ESPNU Now Available

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Nothing sleazy about it. E* pays extra for the channel and provides it to people who pay extra for their sub. They may not have a lot of room in their AT120 pricing to include many extra channels.

Personally, I consider the AT180 pack to be E*'s best bargain. If I added up all of the time I watch an AT180 channel, about 50% of it would be on channels not included in the AT120 tier.

Adding ESPNU on top of CSTV and NFL Network makes for a great set of additions by E*.

Now if they would add Starz and Cinemax HD, I'd be a very happy camper.

I didn't read this whole thread but I'm very unhappy that this isn't in the AT120 package. Doesn't seem like Dish is doing much t keep their current customers happy unless they have AT180 and still don't seem to do much to keep them happy.

Guys, charlie has always treated the sports channels as a niche market that not every customer should have to pay for. Anyone who's surprised that it's 180 only hasn't been paying attention.

Frankly, if you like tv, you shouldn't be on anything LESS than 180. I long for the days when they have 1 super package that gives everyone every channel. If you don't want it, go to cable. If you can't get cable, move.

If NFL / CSTV / ESPNU were added to AT120 (or AT60) then everyone would be complaining that they are paying for channels that they don't watch. :(

I'm a bit suprised that these weren't added to Multi-sport, but as stated above I think Dish is trying to make AT180 a bit more compelling.

JIGGIEFLY said:
As normal its a free add on only if you have our top package we offer, some of us can't afford to pay a 100 + dollars a month to watch tv

However, if someone can pay $38/month (AT120), then there's a good chance they can pay $48/month (AT180). Not everytime, but most of the time.

And if they can't, then they really also can't expect to get all of the new channels added to their tier. After all, the reason why people are paying the extra $10 is to get more channels, and by paying the extra $10, Dish has more money to go out and get more channels for them.

Seems to me that this is quite fair. Although I don't blame anyone with AT60 or AT120 for hoping they will get additional channels.

Now if Dish can pick up some channels for free or very low cost, then they should offer them to the lower tiers.

I upgraded my AT120 to AT 180 last spring when I added the HD package and the Voom channels.

At only $10 a month more money, the AT180 plan is well worth the modest extra cost -- and, I'm virtually guaranteed to get any new non-premium channels Dish adds as time marches on.

Between the AT180 package (and the HD and Voom paks), 942 HD-DVR, NetFlix and our Sony DVP-NS975V upconverting DVD player, we've got most of our home entertainment bases covered. When I get home after a long day at work, there's always something interesting to watch.

One note and suggestion for even more entertainment: Gamefly. It's like Netflix, but with video console games, not movies. We've had it now for a month and love it with our X-Box hooked up with the HD cables. Keep games as long as you like, free return postage and no late fees. With new HD video games for the upcoming X-Box 360 running $50 to $60 apiece, Gamefly makes economic sense -- for the cost of 4.5 games, you can have Gamefly for a whole year. Turn around time has been 48 to 72 hours. And, you can buy their used games very inexpensively. Two very big thumbs up.

Consequently, we hardly ever go out to the multiplex anymore!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts