Espnu or All American Direct distants in HD

Darrell S

SatelliteGuys Pro
Pub Member / Supporter
Jul 13, 2004
Parts Unknown
Thats D* , Not All American Direct.
I qualify for Zero DNS with D*. With AAD I got all 8 networks.
The key word is HD. The distant law is different for HD.
I get NY and LA in SD on D*. I get NY and SF on AAD in SD also.
According to the law, D* only offers one city (depending on your time zone) in HD.
I have seen this law quoted on this site and others.
If AAD violates this one city HD rule, they will get sued by the networks.

Hemi 6.1

On Vacation
May 3, 2007
Wayne County,Pa
The key word is HD. The distant law is different for HD.
I get NY and LA in SD on D*. I get NY and SF on AAD in SD also.
According to the law, D* only offers one city (depending on your time zone) in HD.
I have seen this law quoted on this site and others.
If AAD violates this one city HD rule, they will get sued by the networks.
This again is not D*.
All American Direct is an independent DNS company Exclusive for E* customers who can not receive Local channels. Show me proof to back up the statement your claimming.

GordonR

SatelliteGuys Family
Aug 11, 2006
New Hampshire
I know Scott is sworn to secrecy, but I wonder if he or anyone else knows or has any idea if the HD Distant networks would be at an additional cost.
It would be great to get those at the same price, but I don't think it would happen.

nrholland

SatelliteGuys Pro
Nov 13, 2003
Tampa Bay Area

Chicago is not in the eastern time zone. It is in central time. However, being that the prime time shows are the same as eastern time, then I suppose it would qualify as being "east".

If I have to pay more for HD, I'll drop SD and get HD. However, I would prefer S.F. instead of L.A. I wonder if I can get Chicago in HD and SF in SD?

If I can only get one HD city, then I'll choose L.A. over Chicago because of the programming in the west coast. I live in Tampa, which is east coast. I'll be able to time shift then.

ckinninger

SatelliteGuys Family
May 3, 2005
I'm just wondering if they are going to do two satellite locations or not. How do we know that channels 5720-5727 on 110 are slated for Distant HDs...

It might be nice if they put them on 129 and 61.5 and be done with it. If you are on eastern arch you won't have 110. At the same time, technically if you're with Dish, using your real address for AAD then you would not be Eastern arch since all of those markets are covered.

rdinkel

SatelliteGuys Pro
Jul 13, 2004
Woodland Park, Colorado
It might be nice if they put them on 129 and 61.5 and be done with it. If you are on eastern arch you won't have 110. At the same time, technically if you're with Dish, using your real address for AAD then you would not be Eastern arch since all of those markets are covered.

Would require twice as many transponders if were put on two satellites. Doubt Dish wants to lease out that much space, and AAD would have to pay more as well.

MikeD-C05

Pub Member / Supporter
Pub Member / Supporter
Nov 25, 2003
Nederland , Texas
I'm just wondering if they are going to do two satellite locations or not. How do we know that channels 5720-5727 on 110 are slated for Distant HDs...

They could put them on 110 and 77 sats and then both western and eastern arc would be covered, without taking valuable space for national hd for DISH.

lunamama

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Apr 9, 2009
NorCal
I spoke to someone there yesterday (who was new) at AAD who said that June 12 there would be more information about the HD distants. Waiting and hoping.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)