Espnu or All American Direct distants in HD

Anyone can list an address that they "moved " to in order to get what ever time zone they want. There is no cross checking with DISH over addresses. I had one "moved" address for my DISH account for hd locals from the closest city and another "moved " address for AAD to get east/west coast nets when I was still a sub. I also included all of my receivers from all 3 different DISH accounts for my AAD account. So it's time to do some more "moving" to get what you want .

So this means if I tell Dish I have moved back to my actual address, I will be able to keep my distants , plus the new distant HD.? I will then be able to add my real locals, correct?

71945 zipcode in Hatfield, Arkansas will qualify for all 4 nets in central time zone. Now can some one give me a white area for pacific time zone ? I would like to know how to get west coast nets for time shifting.

Anyone know when AAD will be making an official announcement about the new channels and how much they will cost? Also will you still be able to get the SD feeds from N.Y. and S.F. as well? What about the superstations? Someone stated when the analog feeds are cut off after 6/12 that they would no longer be available?

John H....

Do you have any idea where "in law" is it that prevents viewers from subscribing to an HD feed from another, earlier time zone.

More protection for the antiquated network affiliates.

Time to get out my RV registration and get ready to sign up.

I hope they put something on the eastern arc, so I don't have to put up another dish.

Do you have any idea where "in law" is it that prevents viewers from subscribing to an HD feed from another, earlier time zone.

More protection for the antiquated network affiliates.
The following language appears more than once in section 339 of Title 47

"in the case of any local market in the 48 contiguous States of the United States, the distant digital signal is the secondary transmission of a station whose prime time network programming is generally broadcast simultaneously with, or later than, the prime time network programming of the affiliate of the same network in the local market;"

BTW: Since they are offering different stations in the SD and HD, I think they will be in trouble if they provide 2 SD and 1 HD to the same person. The "2 station" rule would seem to prohibit this.

AAD is not Exclusice for E* customers.

Anyone can buy a used Dishnetwork box with a balance and sub to just AAD if they want.

You know that's what I thought at first. I don't know if they changed it since a year ago but I tried activating 4 de-subbed Dish boxes and the distants never appeared in the guide even after calling several times for re-hits. So I decided to add one of the four to my Dish account and once it activated with Dish, whamo the Distants popped in the 240's. I think Dish is doing a little tampering with this because the AAD and Dish services should be totally unrelated.

The following language appears more than once in section 339 of Title 47

"in the case of any local market in the 48 contiguous States of the United States, the distant digital signal is the secondary transmission of a station whose prime time network programming is generally broadcast simultaneously with, or later than, the prime time network programming of the affiliate of the same network in the local market;"

BTW: Since they are offering different stations in the SD and HD, I think they will be in trouble if they provide 2 SD and 1 HD to the same person. The "2 station" rule would seem to prohibit this.

How about AK/HI?

The FCC has released Callsign procedures for the Digital Transition. Seems like the Superstations may be safe for the time being as callsigns(-TV,-DT) are somewhat universal according to the plan.

http://hraunfoss.fcc.gov/edocs_public/attachmatch/DA-09-1253A1.pdf

This only seems to address the issue of the suffix to the call letters where the FCC doesn't seem to care as long as there is no conflicts like WFCC-TV vs. WFCC-FM.

I don't see anything there that addresses the issue of reception of out of market Superstations. As a matter of fact I haven't seen anything that addresses this issue one way or the other.

Who knows? Maybe next week we will all be in for a pleasant surprise next week. Maybe Scott even knows the answer but he is sworn to secrecy. He has been very quiet in this thread on this part of the issue. All he said so far is that people will be happy about the ADD big 4 feeds.

Rambo's hometown of Bowie Arizona 85605 is eligible for all four networks. Northport Washington 99157 will also get it done.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts