Espnu or All American Direct distants in HD

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
the reason so many are getting it for so many different prices is that THEY PRORATE the amount. to the start of your billiny cycle.
So you are saying that next month, I should expect $7.29 per HD channel. I thought I was getting a bargain.:rant:

Here is the responce I got from Mike at All American .com. Still waiting on another letter I wrote to ADD.

With the prices, I don’t like them either. I know they are high, but unfortunately with the cost of an HD DBS transponder, backhauls, equipment needed to provide the HD service versus our estimated revenue, (based on our small subscriber numbers and only 30% having HD capability) the choice came down to launching the service at these prices or not providing HD at all. We decided on the latter based upon input from our customer base. Hopefully you will see the value in the service.

Thank you for your support of All American Direct.com.

MM

Here is the responce I got from Mike at All American .com. Still waiting on another letter I wrote to ADD.

With the prices, I don’t like them either. I know they are high, but unfortunately with the cost of an HD DBS transponder, backhauls, equipment needed to provide the HD service versus our estimated revenue, (based on our small subscriber numbers and only 30% having HD capability) the choice came down to launching the service at these prices or not providing HD at all. We decided on the latter based upon input from our customer base. Hopefully you will see the value in the service.

Thank you for your support of All American Direct.com.

MM

Got the same response to my e-mail.
I replied with the following:
You missed my point!! At a lower cost you would get 5 to 1 the subscibers you currently have. 1 at $24.99 compared to 5 at $9.99 = $49.95. You double your revenue!!! Even at 3 to 1 you do better. Go to the satellite guys forum and count how many say they subscibed to how many said no way at the prices you have. It was 5 to 1 rejecting your price.

I didn't even call. I would do it, but it's just too expensive.

You should call and then say it's too expensive, if that's how you feel. Perhaps this will give them an idea of how many people they could have had but are not getting because of the price. Maybe they are logging how many people decline. I knew when I called it would not sign up but I wanted to voice my opinion.

Mitch

Got the same response to my e-mail.
I replied with the following:
You missed my point!! At a lower cost you would get 5 to 1 the subscibers you currently have. 1 at $24.99 compared to 5 at $9.99 = $49.95. You double your revenue!!! Even at 3 to 1 you do better. Go to the satellite guys forum and count how many say they subscibed to how many said no way at the prices you have. It was 5 to 1 rejecting your price.

I don't disagree with your logic here as the demand for HD locals is not going to be totally inelastic given the price. What I wonder about is how many potential subs there really are. Without knowing that and the cost of leasing an HD transponder and other equipment, it is difficult to know if the price is too high or not. I also wonder if AAD is having to pay the networks a fee based on sub numbers as well. AAD wasn't gouging on SD rates so I wouldn't automatically jump to the conclusion they are gouging on HD rates. It stands to reason the costs of providing HD is more than SD. The question is how much more.

Has anyone ordered online? I placed my order yesterday online and not getting the new channels yet.

If you did order online did it take the 72 hours that is mentioned on the website?

Question?
If I use an address online in Maine to qualify for all available distants,ie, 8SD and 8 HD, the next screen defaults with the address I used to qualify in Maine for my billing info. Do I merely change that screen billing info to my mailing address, and it will still accept the order for al 16 distant channels even tho I changed the billing address info to something other than the Maine address I used to qualify for all the channels? Thanks for the help, seemed odd that they would not catch the change of address info before accepting the order.

Question?
If I use an address online in Maine to qualify for all available distants,ie, 8SD and 8 HD, the next screen defaults with the address I used to qualify in Maine for my billing info. Do I merely change that screen billing info to my mailing address, and it will still accept the order for al 16 distant channels even tho I changed the billing address info to something other than the Maine address I used to qualify for all the channels? Thanks for the help, seemed odd that they would not catch the change of address info before accepting the order.

A lot of people have more than one home or a person's billing address is sometimes their office when someone is self employed.

Shouldn't matter to AAD anyway as they probably want to pay for that transponder they are leasing.

I would prefer to order online. Does the name and address that I use to qualify have to agree with the name and address on the credit card that I use? Also, could I use Paypal or a virtual credit card to pay?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts