Esquire network charge 0.00 WTH?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Darrell S

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Jul 13, 2004
Parts Unknown
I was just checking recent activity in the online billing section, and a line dated 3-11-16 appeared. It says Esquire network charge 0.00.
Has anyone else seen this on their accounts? This channel isn't in the XTRA package I get.

I was just checking recent activity in the online billing section, and a line dated 3-11-16 appeared. It says Esquire network charge 0.00.
Has anyone else seen this on their accounts?
Haven't seen it here yet and I get my next bill in a few days and I will check again

I think I figured it out. I did a refresh and the channel showed up. I guess it is in the XTRA package now and the line occurred because it changed tiers.

I wasn't getting it either until I did the online signal refresh. I don't know what the deal is. It's not a channel I care about one way or another. I was just curious when the line showed up on my recent activity.

I've noticed over the years that DirecTV will randomly add some of the higher end channels as an unannounced free trial to a lower package. From what I can tell the system adds these at random. When I used to have Select I noticed that I had the following added as unannounced free trials

NFL Network
Esquire
FXX
Fox Sports 1
Logo
Cooking Channel

When I upgraded to Choice to get ESPN U for a college football game I still kept Esquire, FXX and Logo then a month later when I downgraded back to Select I lost access to NFL Network, Fox Sports 1, Logo and Cooking Channel. So if you have extra channels that your not supposed to have it is probably an unannounced free trial.

Oh and it looks like WGN America is now available in Choice and above. It was previously available in Xtra and above last year.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)