"Essential Service" Package?

Superstation package would not be cheaper since you have to pay the $6 access fee on top of the $6 Superstations package fee. That would be $12 per month.

I would like to see this package as a regular because there are a lot of people around here on a budget and $10 per month is easy to swing. It gives people SOMETHING to watch and one could add locals or movie package to that and still be at $16-23 per month and have some decent channels.

I would happily pay two or three dollars extra a month to get Boomerang in addition to AT100, for one reason only. To this day, I can still watch and enjoy the Hanna-Barbera cartoons that I grew up with. Yogi Bear, Huckleberry Hound, and even Magilla Gorilla still have a home on Boomerang. The animation may not be top notch, but those early HB cartoons are still a heckuva lotta fun to watch.

That's what I'm talkin about, I have watched boomerang for hours on end. Kids these days don't know what they're missing, cartoons these days can't stand up to mighty mouse, woody woodpecker, and yogi ;)

As for the essentials pack, I believe (correct me if I'm wrong) this is the package that dish would put on accounts that were shut off due to past due balances and non-payment. I do know they leave a select few channels on when the account is turned off, and these sound like the ones I was told about. Makes sense about the time limit then.

I think one of the main reasons dish won't keep this as a regular package is because if people sign up for dish and get free receivers under this package, after the full length of the contract they will still not have broken even with just the installation costs they paid at the beginning

It would be nice if they offered this with out a 6 month period if you owned your own equipment.

Boomerang is the ONLY reason That i'm at the 250 level. I don't even watch any of the Movice Channels That I get with the 250.

This would ba a good canidate for Ala-carte.

Sounds like a good idea to go down to a basic instead of shutting people off to give them more time to get the bill paid and have some sort of programming made available.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)