ETHNIC DISCRIMINATION on HD

Status
Please reply by conversation.

boba

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Dec 12, 2003
Dorchester, TX.
On Saturday I setup a new customer with 3 D11's and 1 H20, they chose SELECCION ULTRA for programming and $9.99 for HD Enabling. Directv only turned on 72ES2H/73ESPH/75TNTH & 76DSHD. 74UHD/78HDNM/79HDN were not turned on the CSR and supervisor both claimed that is all that is turned on with Hispanic programming. With the large amount of programming that D* is offering I don't understand how they can afford to discriminate on the programming offered in HD and charging $10 for 4 or 7 channels seems ridicoulous.:) :) :)

I don't think it is discrimination. My buddy has an hispanic wife so he got the spanish channels for her and there are some channels that he does not receive either. If you look at the SELECCION ULTRA package they receive additional channels in the 400's that the regular packages do not have.

Have them go through tech support. I was told the same thing by a CSR and supervisor. A few weeks later I called tech support for another issue and she told me it can be done. I have all of the spanish channels and all of the HD channels. My bill shows as follows:

TOTAL CHOICE PLUS Monthly 48.99

02/26 03/25 HBO Monthly 12.00

02/25 03/24 SHOWTIME 6 Months Free 0.00

02/26 03/25 HD Access Monthly 9.99

02/26 03/25 SELECCION EN ESPANOL Monthly 19.99

The spanish package is seperate and I did not lose any HD or other channels (Food Network, Lifetime, Toon Disney West). The only reason I didn't want the package is because the wife would have killed me if she lost lifetime and I like to cook.

Just reread previous post and maybe this did change with restructure, but still try tech support. I was surprised when she told me I could do it. If I recall correctly, I tried to do this at least 2 more times before I moved last year with different CSR's and they all told me it could not be done.

Good Luck

Why does it always come down to some sort of "Discrimination?" :confused:
To me it is discriminatio when I pay $9.99 for a HD enabling fee but only get 4 channels of HD programming, if I subscribed to the lower cost English package "CHOICE" I would get 3 more channels. I mean D* only offers 7 channels of HDTV so why discriminate at all.:)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts