Eureka thread

I wonder if they will address what happened to those they "replaced", ie, the other Henry.
IF you subscribe to the premise that all realities exist at the same time side by side like Doc Brown said in Back to the Future 2, then here is what I think.

It stands to reason that if the people that time traveled to 1947 and then came out in this new reality ( eureka of this season) , then the people from that reality also time traveled to 1947 and came out in the other reality( the eureka of last season)? Maybe a cross over parallel dimension ala "SLiders" is in order to get everyone back to their own reality.

But I am betting if that happens it would be really weird with two of everybody existing at the same time. Also would the black lady with the boy that is autistic want to go back to her own reality and deal with the autism issue again?

hmm... an old character returned tonight, and another next week.

I actually thought the one Grant saw would be the other. Was disappointed to see who it was, never did like her. Be cool to see the other next week though, should be a shock to Carter when he sees him.

Kinda wish Syfy hadn't ruined the surprise with the previews though.

I am assuming you meant Chloe? Of course, she was on the show a few weeks ago.

I did not recognize (or remember) the woman at the end with Grant.

IF you subscribe to the premise that all realities exist at the same time side by side like Doc Brown said in Back to the Future 2, then here is what I think.

It stands to reason that if the people that time traveled to 1947 and then came out in this new reality ( eureka of this season) , then the people from that reality also time traveled to 1947 and came out in the other reality( the eureka of last season)? Maybe a cross over parallel dimension ala "SLiders" is in order to get everyone back to their own reality.

But I am betting if that happens it would be really weird with two of everybody existing at the same time. Also would the black lady with the boy that is autistic want to go back to her own reality and deal with the autism issue again?

In sliders they sometimes ran into their alter-egos. Remember the Russian-controlled San Francisco episode?

In Eureka, Allison already tried to stop them from going back because she could not bear to go back to Kevin with autism. Me thinks it gets crazy next week once Nathan returns. Of course, we have to assume events that transpired in the past (in this original dimension) did not happen in the current one. Or maybe not. :)

And the scene from the end with Dr. Grant where the woman said that we've been waiting for you for a long time is very interesting; reminds me of the 1969 episode of Stargate when they are trying to get home.

I am assuming you meant Chloe? Of course, she was on the show a few weeks ago.

I did not recognize (or remember) the woman at the end with Grant.
That was Beverly, a bad guy from the first season or two. She's the one I didn't like being back. Never liked her character.

Expected it to be Nathan when he went to the cafe. Oh well, he's back next week anyway. Wish the preview hadn't ruined the "Hello Carter" surprise.

That was Beverly, a bad guy from the first season or two. She's the one I didn't like being back. Never liked her character.

Expected it to be Nathan when he went to the cafe. Oh well, he's back next week anyway. Wish the preview hadn't ruined the "Hello Carter" surprise.

I simply don't remember her. Guess I need to buy the DVDs.... :D

Liked the "ex's" episode, and glad that Nathan wasn't "really" back, and of course just as Carter finally gets some, it looks like we'll see more time travel soon. The worst thing is that the next episode is the "season" finale. I just hope it comes back before next July. Confusing actually, since I read it had a 22 episode season, and we have not seen 22 episodes this year. Damn sigh-figh.

Liked the "ex's" episode, and glad that Nathan wasn't "really" back, and of course just as Carter finally gets some, it looks like we'll see more time travel soon. The worst thing is that the next episode is the "season" finale. I just hope it comes back before next July. Confusing actually, since I read it had a 22 episode season, and we have not seen 22 episodes this year. Damn sigh-figh.

Looks like a screw-up on their part. Mid-Season finale according to the web-site.
Eureka | Syfy

One of the good lines in there is when they asked "Baltar" who he saw and he said a tall blond in a red dress :D

Looks like a screw-up on their part. Mid-Season finale according to the web-site.
Eureka | Syfy

I see that now. Good.

From their twitter:

EurekaWriters
@BeachBand MID-season finale. Holiday ep in Dec. and 10 more eps (airdates TBA) still to go. :)

Sci Fi scheduling still sucks. Both Eureka and Warehouse 13 are wrapping up for now through the fall. Leaving what? Caprica?

It must be the withdrawl but SGU got to be acceptible the last few episodes. Note acceptible != excellent

Yeah, it wasn't terrible. But it is irritating how they basically ruined one of the best science fiction franchises in existence. :(

It is as if the Canadians ran out of good story ideas. :)

Yeah, it wasn't terrible. But it is irritating how they basically ruined one of the best science fiction franchises in existence. :(

It is as if the Canadians ran out of good story ideas. :)

"Blame Canada. Blame Canada. It's not even a real country anyway!" :D

I liked the mid-season finale. At first I was a bit troubled by the possible paradoxes they were creating with the time travel, but I thought the solution was creative. But think about the complications...

they go back in time and get sent back to an alternate timeline, and then go back in time again, AND then see "themselves" in the past, and things get changed, but they send a message to the future, to undo sending them back the second time, even though they somehow end up in 1940s clothes again. Yikes! :D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)