EuroNews a la carte?

Aljazeera English has been on Link TV (Ch. 9410) a lot the last couple of days. See nothing yet about Euronews, a la carte or otherwise. Would also be interested in BBC International stand alone, CNN International stand alone, France24 English, Deutche Welle stand alone. Anyone know of any other good international news services that could be used as alternatives to the Big Three (ABC/CBS/NBC) and CNN, Fox, and MSNBC (the famous intermittent cable news services). I'd like to see them in any sort of package, along with alternative weather (actual weather, not documentaries and movies) and samplers from the international offerings, with and without subtitles (Link and Colour do this now occasionally). Dish is wasting a lot of potential and assuming that we have pretty parochial interests. Someone has to be the first to give us a chance to see this stuff.

I see Euronews as an available alacarte option on my account and if I add it my bill would go up $3

It is indeed in the ala carte choices for $3, if you sign into your programming choices in your account. If you select it, it tells you to call the CSR number. The CSR says it is not available except as part of a language pack. We went around a few times, but he was adamant that it was no longer available ala carte (but that it had been for $1.99). I suggested he take it off the ala carte list, then and requested several things ala carte or in a package (all the good international news services offered in English). Anyone else tried lately? (he said something about 900, 901, and 748 before he decided that it was not available to me). -Jan

Sorry about all the confusion surrounding EuroNews a la carte. It is available starting today @ $3.00 a month, You must have either the 118.7 Satellite or the 61.5 Satellite, otherwise you will need a dish upgrade. If you want to PM your account info with the security pin and state that you want this channel, I can get it added on ASAP! If you have any other questions, please let me know.

Man... I guess I'm out since I don't want to upgrade. Something must be up with the computers. I paid my bill the other day - already on CC - and I'm now showing due again. :(

Mary,

Do you know if NDTV 24x7 will be added to the Hindi Mega line up shortly. If not, can you put in a request for it. It is the #1 premier news channel in India.

Thanks.
We have a NDTV Imagine (Channel 574) in the Hindi-Mega Pack. Is this the channel you are asking about or is is a completely different channel. Just let me know if it is and I will happily request it for you. Thank you!

Mary,

Why it is so difficult to convince Dish Network about adding BBC World News channel ?

Mary,

Why it is so difficult to convince Dish Network about adding BBC World News channel ?
We do get hundreds of channel requests a day here at Dish Network. Until this past week, I have had very few requests for this channel. CNN International had a few. I did put in a request for an All International News package, which I think would be a great addition to our line-up. I did request BBC World News channel for you.

We do get hundreds of channel requests a day here at Dish Network. Until this past week, I have had very few requests for this channel. CNN International had a few. I did put in a request for an All International News package, which I think would be a great addition to our line-up. I did request BBC World News channel for you.

I would hook up 118.7 for BBC World News, I hope it would be available a la carte.

Well I added EuroNews today using the 118.7 satellite, nice to finally have the channel back. I did notice some changes in the channels graphics, but what I noticed the most is the picture resolution. Some of their clips have the vertical black bars on the left and right while other clips are full screen. Before I get comments on changing the resolution on my receiver or tv, I am using all standard definition television and receivers, so I should not have the vertical black bars. Is this something the EuroNews is broadcasting directly, or something on Dish's end? The reason I mention this is because I noticed some screen shots on EuroNews's website and the picture seems squished on my tv compared to the screenshot on their site.

Hi Mary,

Yes. I agree with you. We need an All International News Package which can include BBC World News, CNN International, EuroNews, NDTV 24x7 (NOT the NDTV Imagine), etc.

Thank you for your attention.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)