EuroNews a la carte?

So I have America's Top 250, from reading this it seems that for me to be able to subscribe to Euronews, Eurochannel, or France 24 I would either have to;

Add the French language package (even though I don't speak French) for $20 per month

or

Switch my core programming from the $65 Top 250 to the $10 International Basic

It really makes no sense when 2 of the 3 channels are in English and the other has English subtitles.

Well it's worse than that, a lot of the channels in the International Basic pack are also in the Public Interest pack that's free with any of the other base packs. (And some of them are available for free elsewhere, if you want to have another dish and receiver.)

How come the Chinese Basic Package for $10.00 does not have any Asian/Chinese programming? It is all a bunch of PI channels except for the Golf Channel. Not even the free CCTV English/Spanish is included.

The International Basic is better with EuroNews.

sbsi said:
How come the Chinese Basic Package for $10.00 does not have any Asian/Chinese programming? It is all a bunch of PI channels except for the Golf Channel. Not even the free CCTV English/Spanish is included.

The International Basic is better with EuroNews.

The Chinese basic package requires an additional Chinese language package, it is not available on it's own. So whoever gets it will have Chinese channels, one way or the other.

I’m going to try to clear up some confusion about how we offer international programming.
We now require that our customers to have a core package in order to accomplish this we began to offer international core packages namely International Basic, Chinese: Basic, Chinese: Great Wall TV/Elite. These packages were made for customers that did not want to subscribe to our packages, like the America's Top, Dish America and Latino. Therefore in order get an international core package one must subscribe to international programming. Customers may only subscribe to one core package but may subscribe to programming outside the core packages, for example one may add the French bouquet to the America's Top 120.

I would be happy to pay $5 or so a month for EuroNews, Eurochannel, & France 24, either in English or with subtitles. Throw in Israeli news with subtitles or Russian or Chinese with subtitles. The U.S. news stations are veering strongly toward tabloid news. I'm more likely to hear about the Jersey Shores' cast than significant European or Asian news. I've paid extra for more frivolous things in the past. These are more important to me than sports programming (one of the reasons I went from DirecTV to Dish in the first place).
-N0AAA

I have heard that Euronews will be available Ala Carte after February 1st. I do hope this is true, this is one great news station. Its all real news... not opinions and not 5 second sound clips.

Mary, while you're at it, why not make Deutsche Welle a la carte again? Other than Euro News, the rest of the offerings in the German package are truly bad.

ozbird said:
Mary, while you're at it, why not make Deutsche Welle a la carte again? Other than Euro News, the rest of the offerings in the German package are truly bad.

Just to let you know, they show an hour of deutsche welle on linktv every day. I agree about the package. I really detest having to pay $10 extra for kino plus. I love Germany, but their movies are just plain terrible! Prosiebensat1welt has gone downhill, but it's still by far the best German channel out there, not that there are many options anyway. Wish they would just break the package up like it used to be.

I have heard that Euronews will be available Ala Carte after February 1st. I do hope this is true, this is one great news station. Its all real news... not opinions and not 5 second sound clips.

Scott, I do hope that you have heard correctly on this, that would be great news! Unlike what n0aaa said, $2 per month would be an appropriate monthly price for this channel, anything higher would be too much for just one channel.

Here is the information that I have received, it does not mention anything about other international packages needed to subscribe to it Ala Carte.

Attachments

• Screen shot 2011-01-26 at 8.01.06 PM.PNG
    Screen shot 2011-01-26 at 8.01.06 PM.PNG
    37.4 KB · Views: 283
Here is the information that I have received, it does not mention anything about other international packages needed to subscribe to it Ala Carte.

Interesting information you have posted here. I love how Dish has $1.99 listed as the price for EuroNews before February 1st, seeing as it is not available until February 1st. I saw that it did say that the a la carte option wasn't available until then either. I wonder if anyone who had EuroNews a la carte before they removed that option were grandfathered in or if they either had to drop it or subscribe to a package. As far as the $3 a la carte price for EuroNews, I'll have to think about that since our bills will be going up about $5 anyway come February 1st, but I probably will end up adding it anyway.

Interesting information you have posted here. I love how Dish has $1.99 listed as the price for EuroNews before February 1st, seeing as it is not available until February 1st. I saw that it did say that the a la carte option wasn't available until then either. I wonder if anyone who had EuroNews a la carte before they removed that option were grandfathered in or if they either had to drop it or subscribe to a package. As far as the $3 a la carte price for EuroNews, I'll have to think about that since our bills will be going up about $5 anyway come February 1st, but I probably will end up adding it anyway.
It's $1.99 ala carte for people currently subscribing to it (grandfathered into ala carte), so yes, some folks still have it ala carte. It appears that folks already subbing to it ala carte will see it increase to $3.

Please resume Skylink TV channel 1-2 as a la-carte?

Thar station has the best and fewest repeat on shows compare to the other channels. Dish offer that station as a la-carte for 2 years and got cancel.

Also, may I suggest Dish to add more channels onto the Chinese/TW Elite packages at that price ($19.99). Right now, it only has 5 basic channels and not really worth the price when compared to the Mega package with $10 more and way more channels. I am expecting both Elite package will be gone soon. Also, Direct TV has a similar package with 8 channels at the same price.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)