EuroNews a la carte?

Hi Mary,

Yes. I agree with you. We need an All International News Package which can include BBC World News, CNN International, EuroNews, NDTV 24x7 (NOT the NDTV Imagine), etc.

Thank you for your attention.
Thanks for the info about NDTV 24X7. I added that channel into the a la carte International News Pack request and also put a separate channel request in for it.

MARY:

I SURE HOPE YOU CAN GET SOMETHING LIKE THIS DONE. I'VE BEEN WAITING FOR SOMETHING LIKE THIS FOR YEARS. NOW I WISH YOU COULD GET CTV NEWS CHANNEL OR CBC NEWS NETWORK ADDED FOR US CANADIANS DOWN HERE IN THE STATES.

Well I added EuroNews today using the 118.7 satellite, nice to finally have the channel back. I did notice some changes in the channels graphics, but what I noticed the most is the picture resolution. Some of their clips have the vertical black bars on the left and right while other clips are full screen. Before I get comments on changing the resolution on my receiver or tv, I am using all standard definition television and receivers, so I should not have the vertical black bars. Is this something the EuroNews is broadcasting directly, or something on Dish's end? The reason I mention this is because I noticed some screen shots on EuroNews's website and the picture seems squished on my tv compared to the screenshot on their site.

Yes it seems like it's in PAL/SECAM resolution instead of NTSC. Screen looks squished but it's being broadcasted like that from EN.

chiodo said:
Yes it seems like it's in PAL/SECAM resolution instead of NTSC. Screen looks squished but it's being broadcasted like that from EN.

Could be, the resolution was normal when I had EuroNews about a year and a half ago. They must have changed something during that time.

Question on Euronews. Is it in English or does it have subtitles?

Add me to the list that would be very interested in an all foreign news pack in English.

What a boring channel and I lived in Europe half my life. When I was over there they would show Euronews only in the middle of the night and I can see why. BBC is probably the best but France 24 (somebody told me the english version got uploaded to dish months ago) is not bad and even the complete bore fest of Deutsche Welle is more exciting than Euronews. I still have to pay because the alternative is so pathetic "did Obama fart" these American news stations should not be allowed to call themselves news stations

Last edited:
That lets you see what's happening with natural sound so that you can make up your own mind about what your watching.

They think you are smart enough to figure out whats happening without a talking head telling you what you are watching. ;)

News broadcasts should all be like Euronews reporting the facts and leavinv the opinions behind.

They think you are smart enough to figure out whats happening without a talking head telling you what you are watching.
wink.gif

News broadcasts should all be like Euronews reporting the facts and leavinv the opinions behind.

But what would all of those talking heads do for a living if that were to happen? Work as CSR's/TSR/s for Dish and Direct??? Now that would be scary!!!!!

I would like to have EuroNews & BBC World News available in one of Top 120 or 200 Packs. I don't want to have to pay extra money for one of these channels.

I would also like the channels to be free. In fact why aren't all the channels free...... ;)

put me in for RT NEWS, BBC news, Al Jazeera English, israel news, canada news channels would be great also and cnn international I want these requests

I would like to have EuroNews & BBC World News available in one of Top 120 or 200 Packs. I don't want to have to pay extra money for one of these channels.

I want my next car for free too.

EuroNews is worth the $3 to me, excellent coverage, minimal editorializing. Not a day goes by without watching it. I still would like a package of international channels reasonably priced, but really with Al Jazeera on a few times a day, and EuroNews, I can't complain. For more hardcore news junkies, for very little money a Roku box would be worth it. All the news on virtually all the international channels are for free.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)