European make 0.2 DB noise figure Universal quads

Status
Please reply by conversation.

pegleg

Original poster
Jul 12, 2005
:)
Hi, I currently use an Invacom universal 0.3 DB and it generally works pretty good even considering I live way out here in Winnipeg. It seems the "TUBE" has boosted it's out put as of late and that's a plus! I've been looking on Ebay and I see alot of European brands of LNB quads that claim a noise figure of 0.2 DB, namely one called "Best" and another called the " Titaniyum series ". I was just wondering if anyone has tested any of these and if so what their opinion was of them compared to the Invacom Universal quad in respect to actually pulling in more signal from Galaxy 10 ands AMC 3. Anyone?

Regards,
pegleg

I have heard about these and don't believe it. There was a review in Tele-satellite magazine a while back about one of these and the claim of 0.2db is not realistic.

setup

hi Tim. I have several setups and they both get the TUBE well.Setup #1 is Multi star 1 meter, sg2100 and invacom quad universal .03 db. Setup #2 is a Wingard 1 meter, stab120 and Invacom quad polar. I get the tube signal easily with my Pansat 2700, viewsat 2000 platinium, viewsat extreme and flu. Dish size is most important out here so if you don't have at minimum 1 meter you better get one if you want to view fta signals, especially AMC3 AND Galaxy10. FYI I purchased the muli star at Incredible Electronics on Mc'Philips street last year. The Wingard from kusat 9 months ago. Also I noticed a major improvement when I switched to the Invacom LMBs, 0.3 DB. So I suggest you invest in a quality LMB if you don't have one already. The Tube comes in at 35% or there abouts with my setups on a clear day, good enough to view. I hope this helps.

regards,
pegleg

Thanks. Do you then recommend the Multi Star 1 meter? Shipping on these items is a killer so if I can buy one locally, I would prefer that.

As for G10r, I get only the strong tp's all the time. The weaker stations, which is the majority of them, break up on my 33" dish. My Lnb is a "supposedly" 0.3db which came with my dish. Who knows if its really any good.

Tim

Tim,
I picked up a 1m MultiStar dish last year for about $197 after tax from Starlite Communications on Dugald road (http://www.starlite.mb.ca/). (takes a few days for them to order one in).

I live outside of Winnipeg and with no shelter around, the dish on it's own would rock back and forth when the winds were over 50km/h so i had to add an angle and attach it to the top of the dish(like a tripod) to prevent the rocking. Mind you the dish is stationary and aimed at AMC4.

Tim the Multi Star works well. Not only that I'd be worried about using the sg2100 with the wingard as it is a much heavier dish. I'm positive the 33" dish size is what's holding you back. And yes maybe the Lmb that you are using is suspect as well. Peaking your signal is also an important thing and it maybe a little too cold yet to do that at this time. Your Fortec and a small tv on the roof is the only way to go. Incredible sold me the multi star at about this time last year and it was in about the $130 range. I suggest you go down there and ask if they have or can bring you one in. They, I find are not that usefull over the phone. The guy You want to talk to is Kevin. I find that the woman, Tina doesn't know what's going on most of the time. Just my impession. GL.

Thanks guys. I might even make sense getting one just for G10r and leaving it fixed in position on that satellite. I like the old shows they have on in the evenings on RTN.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

A how to question

lost with set up of hh90 motor

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)