European Sat. from USA?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

norcim

Original poster
Jan 28, 2006
I have friends who subscribe to GlobeCast WorldTV just so they can watch one channel on (Arabsat 3A /Arabsat 2B). The channel is marked as FreeTV (11747 V tp 2)according to Lyngsat website so I was wondering if I can buy a system to access this channel without paying $15 mo. I live in Texas.

Here is the link: ...well I cant post links yet but its on the lyngsat websat under arab3a.html

Thanks.

Sorry no, that satellite is on the other side of the world. If you look at a satellites BEAM that will show you where you can get signal.......

I just figured those signals from europe are somehow bounced to this side of the planet since some people can get the signal.

Last edited:
Can you find the channels you want on the two links below... please look, If channel is on this list you can receive them, make sure beam or coverage is for Americas. F on Lyngsat chart is FTA in the clear.

You also need to make sure you have Line of Sight with the satellite you wish to receive, which could be more a problem with Hispasat since it is a Atlantic Satellite located low in south eastern sky.

http://www.lyngsat.com/ia5.html

http://www.lyngsat.com/hispa1c.html

norcim said:
I just figured those signals from europe are somehow bounced to this side of the planet since some people can get the signal.

Norcim

Welcome to the forums. The satellite signal will not bounce like shortwave radio. You will need use another Atlantic satellite to "bounce" the signal to North America. The channel you are looking for is not available in NA.

Check IA5 as mentioned above for available Arabic channels in the USA.

norcim said:

These signals are somehow bounced to this side of the planet (actually, it's relayed thru' another satellite), but they are transmitted to North America to make money, i.e. for PROFITS. In other words, the transmission to this side of the pond is encrypted. They don't want you to watch the show for free because they want you to pay $15 per month.

And you can't access the ArabSat 3A signal from this side of the pond. That's exactly how Globecast makes money. They provide a service to relay the most popular European/Middle East/Asian channels to expats in America.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)