Status
Please reply by conversation.

Jim S.

When someone asks you if you're a god, you say yes
Original poster
Lifetime Supporter
Jan 2, 2006
FN11od
Is anyone else having trouble picking up this satellite lately? I haven't seen Reuters in weeks, and I've been losing the BVN mux in light rain or even heavy clouds sometimes. My dish seems to be dead on on every other satellite on the arc, and I can't regain the signal by pushing it in any direction. So it seems as if it's either lost power or the footprint has shifted. Granted the Reuters channel isn't intended for home reception so I can't complain about not getting it on a 90cm (it's been marginal for me ever since they switched to DVB-S2 anyway), but I used to have no trouble with the other channels on that satellite.

I guess that makes sense to put it on 113w to cover Central and South America, since 97w only covers NA.
Still, I miss Reuters on 113w, which I got with my 1.2

Reuters still coming in fine here in New Mexico the signal strength is in upper 60 to 70 %.:) Sorry you are having problem with the weather conductions in the back east.:p

I'm still getting Reuters here in Central PA but Q is really low though, bouncing between 0 and 20 and just a bit of pixelation. BVN was coming in great a few days ago with 50-60 Q but getting nothing today.

Reactions: N5XZS
Glad to hear it isn't just me. And N5XZS, it's not the weather -- today was dry and clear!

Well, i finally re-scanned this bird after a long time of ignoring it. I am way up north near Canada and I am receiving Reuters TV News 12046h 14300 with a 70% signal quality. Did the signal come back for everyone else?

Wow, i just looked at the footprint link that was posted, and I am so far north, i am outside the footprint listed on the webpage.. Ill count my blessings...

Reactions: KE4EST
I'm getting Reuters now - ever since a few weeks ago when I made some minor tweaks - pretty low signal quality but completely stable HD picture.
Maybe they adjusted something because I am also outside the beam.

Reactions: iBoston
It came back for me a few weeks ago, then I lost it again when a windstorm twisted my dish out of alignment. Some blind bending has got back every satellite at an acceptable level EXCEPT 113W :( I can't even get BVN most of the time again. Til now it's been too cold and/or wet for any serious alignment project. Today is beautiful but getting windy again already, plus we're on the verge of solar conjunction. I just can't win!

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)

Latest posts