Ever see a DUAL KU PRIME FOCUS orthomode feedhorn? Look inside!

Status
Please reply by conversation.

primestar31

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 15, 2005
Beta Omicron Delta III
Look at the new toy I just snagged off of Ebay. Pretty, isn't it?:

chaparral ku OMT prime focus.JPG

Oh yeah, NYA, NYA, BOOYA! LOL

Last edited:
Brand new and unused, that's correct. They didn't list it at a crazy "I don't want to sell" price either.

I can't find anything on the 'net about this feedhorn as of yet. Nothing on Chaparral's site either, but that's not unusual as they never have anything they no longer sell actively.

Has anybody else ever seen or used one?

Nice score time for some norsat pll's :)

I've got a couple of brand-new Norsat 4108A's I'll probably use on this. I also have a couple brand new ku Precision PMJ-LNB H/S lnb's I could use.

Very Nice, can't wait to hear all about it when you get it up and in place.

Nice item, never saw one of those in use, nor remember seeing any for sale either. Await the testing results.

Brand new and unused, that's correct. They didn't list it at a crazy "I don't want to sell" price either.

I can't find anything on the 'net about this feedhorn as of yet. Nothing on Chaparral's site either, but that's not unusual as they never have anything they no longer sell actively.

Has anybody else ever seen or used one?

Remove the scalar and you have the KU section of a Bullseye II Dual Ortho.

Attachments

• chap-ortho-ns5215-ns2707a-calamp-ea.jpg
    chap-ortho-ns5215-ns2707a-calamp-ea.jpg
    161 KB · Views: 211
Hi primestar. Any chance you could provide us with a picture of the feed throat?

I can try, but it's much smaller than it looks in that picture. I only just got it in the mail today, and I'm dealing with my wife's (yesterday) and son's birthday (Wednesday) yearly "restaurant night" dinner tonight. So, give me a bit to see if I can get a photo that's any good. The feedhorn itself is pressed on to the waveguide, so I'm not sure how easy it'll be to get apart. I'll bet the cap comes off the end though.

Hi primestar. Any chance you could provide us with a picture of the feed throat?

Here's the best I can do with my camera:

DSC01318.JPGDSC01319.JPGDSC01320.JPGDSC01321.JPG

There's like a "thin plate" of something in the square wr75 end that's straight through from the round waveguide. In the other wr75, there is a thin wire stretched across the middle.

So you happy with it?

Of course!

It probably won't get installed this year anymore with all the cold rain that's been going on, and the snow ready to start. I've also been having a severe issue with my sciatica acting up lately, and it's all I can do to stand much, much less get on a ladder at the moment. I've been thinking about using it to replace the single ku lnb and servo on the Bullseye 1 feed that I got, and installing it on one of the Winegard Pinnacles next year. That way I'd have a full orthomode for both c and ku band on that dish.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)