What paint to use to re-paint a Fortec Star FC-75 Satellite Dish

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

dsmith0429

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Sep 12, 2013
Lake Placid, FL
Is there a special paint used on satellite dishes? If not, can I paint them any color I want or should I keep it as close to the original color as possible? Mine is a Fortec Star FC-75 Satellite Dish.

Paint it any color, just don't use glossy finish. You don't want to reflect a lot of heat onto your LNB

Paint it any color, just don't use glossy finish. You don't want to reflect a lot of heat onto your LNB
Thanks! The dish is used, and appeared to have originally been blue, and repainted white, but it is peeling, so I will have to sand and repaint if I want to re-use it. I'm thinking of using flat grey.

Yea, I've used cheap flat gray primer myself.
Just use several light coats.
There are many paint-advice threads, if you can find them with Search.
For metal, if rust is a problem (maybe on the mount), I've posted my opinions quite a few times.
...often in relation to BUD mounts.
Oh, flat paint is required only on the face of the dish.
One member used various left over glossy paints (colors) on his BUD mount, and it turned out quite impressive. ;)
?.

Just personal choice, but I prefer more stealthy dish colors.
For instance, the white of the solid Birdview in my signature attracts too much unwanted attention.
The dull mid-Gray of my perf really disappears much better.
Small Ku dishes aren't so eye catching, so you have more leeway.
What you don't want, is to attract the attention of someone who might want to use it for target practice.
If it disappears into the skyline with DirecTV & DishNet dishes, you're probably better off.

paint color????

Chocking Pink will be the best plus a Pirate Flag in it , it won't raise any suspect, very cool!!!

Ooh , if u are installer, u could put your tel number to be contacted by new customers including the fed's

:)

Don't forget, after sanding the dish there are a lot of spray paints that include primer mixed in with the paint.
Makes it a one step easy job.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)