FTA receivers that accept BISS keys?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Xizer

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Mar 25, 2012
WI
Are there any FTA receivers which allow you to input a BISS key and view/record a feed as it is airing? I know Brian posted a while back that they were adding this functionality to the microhd. Was that ever added?

Thanks.

Those are expensive. I was hoping for something cheaper.

That device looks cheap. I am sure it does not handle 4:2:2 video though.

Can that receiver record 4:2:2 video even if it does not have the capability to display it?

Also, do you know what format it records in?

That device looks cheap. I am sure it does not handle 4:2:2 video though.

The AzBox miniMe American Edition natively handles 4:2:2 video and is currently the only consumer level STB in the market that does. We are in the process of adding support to decode BISS with manually entered keys which will be available soon in an upcoming firmware update.

Does the AzBox handle 4:2:2 H.264 and 10-bit video as well?

Also, can it record Dolby E? (although I am sure it cannot decode it)

Does the AzBox handle 4:2:2 H.264 and 10-bit video as well?

Are there any semi full-time or full-time transponders out there which have 4:2:2 H.264 or 10 bit video services? If so, please let us know and we can see if there's any way to support these somehow. You may PM us with the transponder coordinates if you don't want to make the information public.

I don't know of any 24/7 ones with those specifications.

I can however provide you with a .ts recording. Perhaps you could copy it over onto an Azbox and try to play it back.

Would that be helpful?

I don't know of any 24/7 ones with those specifications.

I can however provide you with a .ts recording. Perhaps you could copy it over onto an Azbox and try to play it back.

Would that be helpful?

Sure, just upload it somewhere and send me a PM with the link.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 3)

Latest posts