FTA receivers that accept BISS keys?

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Not yet. I think he last said he was working on it, along with a few other ideas:

July 2013: "The PID lock menu could not be implemented at this time as the change cascaded through the database and would require another week or more to complete. 90% working, but the 10% would introduce too many errors. The menu SID/PID lock will be a future project along with the BISS menu."

[http://www.satelliteguys.us/threads/314668-New-microHD-Firmware-Release-GSPMHD_20130626-Available-for-USB-and-Satellite-Update-(OTA-SSU)-06-26-2013]

azbox ultra can do BISS with a plugin... there was talk somewhere online about an engineer doing this to "work from home".

Where is SatAV these days? I have not seen any posts from him lately. :confused:

He's been busy under "Titanium Satellite".

I'm sure it's a TON of work to bring a new business with many new products to life, and sign up dealers and such. Really, he probably has been spending far too much time with us, and not enough time on his own personal life...

I was wondering why that Titanium Satellite guy was sounding so competent for a newcomer. I'm glad Brian listened to our begging for a PLL C-band LNB :)

I can confirm that the X2 Premium HD does have BISS functionality.

I have also noticed that even though the unit cannot display 4:2:2 MPEG-2 or H.264 video, it can tune to a feed with 4:2:2 and record it. The box will only playback audio and show a black screen but you can retrieve these recordings from a hard drive and playback on a PC. It also records all the audio tracks on a feed! (haven't tested if it records a Dolby E track yet though)

It is also a quick blindscanner.

For its $50 price tag it seems to be a nice little backup unit.

...hrmmmnm...
He told me to keep quiet about it.
Now, you've let the cat out of the bag.
Hope he was ready to come out of the closet. :)

...hrmmmnm...
He told me to keep quiet about it.
Now, you've let the cat out of the bag.
Hope he was ready to come out of the closet. :)

Oh come on! That was far from any secret, he posted it himself.

Every kid knows the fastest way to "out" somebody, is to tell one person and say it's a secret!

Hmmmm... I don't recall posting any information about this either as Titanium or my previous username.

Thanks to all that that kept a secret! I will make an official statement and clarify the situation in the next few weeks.

GEOSATpro assistance is being provided by SatelliteGuys member: Satav_Support. You may either PM Satav_Support or call 888-483-4673 for GEOSATpro support questions or assistance.

Oh come on! That was far from any secret, he posted it himself.

Every kid knows the fastest way to "out" somebody, is to tell one person and say it's a secret!
WTG Mike, Slobbered a bib full there didn't ya ;):D While Brian never announced that fact, it became quickly obvious to me after a few posts. You could tell by the sound of his voice he had not acquired a new partner that shared the same business address ;)

Dang cat's out of the bag now.

I was going to delete the posts this morning when I saw them but too many people were talking about it now.

There were a few posts over the past few weeks that I caught within seconds of them being posted that I did get.

Now with that said... to those who know what Brians Halloween costume is for tomorrow night DON'T give it away. :D :D (Brains secret of dressing up like a cute kitten is safe with me!) :D

Sorry guys, when I work 12 hour nights I LIVE on this forum (I have no life but this, lol), and almost always see all posts within minutes (if not seconds), so before they might even get deleted. I have a near photographic memory for things that interest me, and an extremely analytical mind. I normally see patterns very quickly. Nobody told me it was any sort of "secret", and from the posts I saw, Brian as much as said he was Titanium... I don't see how it possibly could have been any secret to any regulars here.

A while ago "Brian" talked about a future pll c band lnbf.
"Titanium" announced it.
Was obvious to me. :)
And now we return to the topic of this thread: BISS key-capable receivers.
...sounds like hacker-fodder to me.... ;)

Well, obviously SOMEBODY must have access to the keys, otherwise why would they even have the key entry window in legit receivers, such as what Brian produces? He'd never have anything to do knowingly if it was illegal.

Nothing sketchy about the BISS implantation on GEOSATpro receivers. The GEOSATpro receivers have been sold to private networks for many years. Broadcasters provide the keys to their authorized sites for events or subscriptions. BISS keys were provided for some broadcasters via a satellite update so the end user could not see the keys. An example of a current BISS decoding partner is the Escapes Network.

Some folks do illegally use shared BISS keys for theft of service and that is why the BISS menu is often available on receivers marketed primarily for these purposes.

Well, obviously SOMEBODY must have access to the keys, otherwise why would they even have the key entry window in legit receivers, such as what Brian produces? He'd never have anything to do knowingly if it was illegal.

biss has been around since (or maybe even before) the nagra1 days.
The fact that sports feeds use biss is just a coincidence and is probably a higher level of security than the old biss8 available on antique receivers.
There isn't any steady diet of biss channels on ku band at least to support the network theory

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 3)

Latest posts