Everquest 2 anyone?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Van

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Jul 8, 2004
Virginia Beach
I've had an everquest 2 account since late 04 when it came online and have played on and off. I recently went back after taking a year off and added The Shadow Odyssey giving me access to all expansion packs and some exclusive items such as a dire bear mount that grows with your characters as they grow. I tried out world of warcraft and found that it was not worth the hassle of dealing with kids all the time as well as a ton of gold farmers so I dumped it and went back to EQ2.

One of the nice things about playing on EQ2 is the lack of having to deal with kids which can be a problem when your grouping in an x4 raid instance. The graphics are just as good if not better than wow and dont have the cartoon character look of wow which I like considering that Im not a kid. Ingame voice chat has been added so no need for a ventrilo client and no additonal expenditure for the service. Something that will appeal to magic card players is an ingame card game called Legends of Norath which allows for casual play as well as tournament play and raid play. Tournement play comes about all the time and you can win some nice prizes including a tax free premium residence with four levels and stained glass windows.

If anyone is interested and wants to try it out on a free 2 week trial let me know, Sony started a new referal program that has benefits for both and rewards.

The kiddies only permeate certain parts of the game, mainly the lower level starting areas as they get bored before they level too high.

I have moved around guilds and am suprised to find how many 30-50 year olds are playing, i am in a guild that has only 1 teenager and the average age is probably in the 30's. We are all at the end game levels. (and doing 25 person raids)

With that said, I would love to check out EQ2 as i am geting bored with WOW a bit... dont think i will stick with it, but a little diversion never hurt anyone...and got to see if the grass is greener on the other side.

Let me know what information you want and i will PM you.

I've played it, was fun, but wasn't playing with very many friends, so went back to WoW. Whenever WoW gets stale I go back to EQ2 and mess around some more or play the latest beta of whatever.

yeah, thats what i want, an alternative to WOW, was looking at Warhammer but it seems to be more pvpish in design and my wife wouldnt get into it, as shes more of an addict than I am now.. but i know that EQ2 would hold her interest, problem is, neitehr one of us like to level anymore, would rather get into the raid content.

An email address and first name should do fine, with that I can send an invite trial to you via Sony.

I forgot to add that if your into crafting EQ2 has an excellent crafting system with crafting instances in every city and some higher level zones and you can even have a crafting instance in your home. You also have the option to be good or evil from the start except with a few specific character types and you can defect to the other side later on.

My current guild has many players in the late 20's and up range but I dont know if there are any younger than that.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts