Every local channel on VIP222k MT2 is rated NR/AO, TV-MA?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

smithduluth

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Feb 22, 2011
Duluth, MN
Every local channel on my VIP222k MT2 is rated NR/AO, TV-MA? In order to watch local channels, I either have to enter a pin for every local channel or open up the receiver to no restrictions which I don't want to do. I do not have locals on subscription so no EPG. Any fix for this?

I am not aware of any way around that. With no guide info, that is the default rating because there is no way to know what the rating of the program is without guide information.

I am not aware of any way around that. With no guide info, that is the default rating because there is no way to know what the rating of the program is without guide information.

I don't know of any way either. Since we don't know what's showing on the channels, I think "better safe than sorry" would be a good fit for the situation.

My suggestion for the a firmware upgrade would be to have "not rated" be a separate category from "adults only" and be the default when there is no EPG for the channel.

I don't think that will do exactly what you want. If you make it separate, and don't then check it (so that locals with no info will not require a password) then any program not rated will not require a password. There are many movies/shows that are NR, and I am guessing you would classify as for mature audiences.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts