OTA on 722 Receiver - OK Dish, why did you screw it up???

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Ray_Clum

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Apr 10, 2005
Indianapolis, IN
Okay, I've got 2 722's (NOT k) receivers hooked up to OTA antennas. One is a 60' boom, the other is a micro-multidirectional on the top of my chimney. Last night, the storms rolled through Indianapolis and I lost satellite signal... no big deal... it happens every once in a while - generally those times I should be heading to shelter anyway. However, in the past, I could kick over to an OTA channel and watch it with no problem, so I could track the storm. Last night, the loss of sat signal prevented me from watching an OTA channel. I hooked it up directly to my TV and was getting an upper 80's - lower 90's signal on my TV, so it wasn't a signal issue. Today, I noticed that the firmware got changed (with some nice adds, thanks Dish) - I think something got seriously screwed up.

Did anyone else, particularly in Indy, experience this?

DIRT, any other comments like mine that point towards a software glitch?

... Last night, the loss of sat signal prevented me from watching an OTA channel. ...
There have been a gizillion threads about this and it's not due to a recent update.

Next time it happens, GOTO MENU and then 1 (PROGRAM GUIDE) and select an OTA channel.

Indy here on Saturday night, did as Salti said, worked fine.

Except I did that, and it STILL didn't work... That is what I have done every other time. This time it didn't work...

Not my first rodeo. I'm not a frequent poster, but have been involved in Dish for years, my first receiver was a Model 5000 with an OTA tuner so I could seamlessly watch OTA and Dish...

Except I did that, and it STILL didn't work... That is what I have done every other time. This time it didn't work...

Not my first rodeo. I'm not a frequent poster, but have been involved in Dish for years, my first receiver was a Model 5000 with an OTA tuner so I could seamlessly watch OTA and Dish...
Well, don't know what to tell you. My 622 and 722k work this way.

I also had two Dish 5000 receivers when I started with Dish. Bought them on-line and installed them myself. lol

While this may not be your first rodeo, it would have helped if you had acknowledged the existence of "gazillions" of similar threads and posted that your situation was different.

You are reporting identical symptoms to a known and existing problem and now saying that the normal "solution" does not work. Beyond my rodeo experience.

Ray_Clum,

Have you gone into your Local Channel setup to see if the channels are still listed on the receiver? Press the Menu button on the remote to bring up the Main Menu, then press 6 (System Setup) and 9 (Local Channels). See if your local channels are still listed here. Please let me know what you find.

Ray,

Yes, the channels were there. As a matter of fact, once the rain left, the channels came back on... I'll check again during the next round of storms, which I suspect should be in the next few days, knowing Indiana weather...

Ray_Clum,

Let me know if it happens again. OTA can be affected by weather too, except it is not coming from our satellites; from the broadcasters satellites.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts