EVERY weekend about this time, ME and THIStv vanish like clockwork! Crazy...

Status
Please reply by conversation.
ME seems to drop out here every nite too. Have not watched close but always seems to be back by 11:00 or 11:30 PM.
ThisTV never drops out although it's signal quality is lower. I just figured since I'm using a 6 ft. dish that something
was lighting up on an adjacent satellite for an hour or so and interfering with it.

ME seems to drop out here every nite too. Have not watched close but always seems to be back by 11:00 or 11:30 PM.
ThisTV never drops out although it's signal quality is lower. I just figured since I'm using a 6 ft. dish that something
was lighting up on an adjacent satellite for an hour or so and interfering with it.

Perhaps, that's kind of what pattern we are trying to figure out. If we can, then perhaps we can counter-act it.

It just started doing the evening thing two nights ago. It was still off last night after midnight. As said before, it was always going off on Saturday afternoons.

UPDATE: I've been doing some playing and here is what I have. With the AZ Box Premium Plus I can get THIS in at a peak at 68%, which is good for my set up. At that setting Me is coming in at a poor 32% with unstable video. I adjust the skew and THIS drops to 56%, still good and ME jumps up to 43%, watchable. The ME signal is a lot weaker than usual. I usually have it in the high 60s to low 70s. I don't understand why changing the skew changes both of them, they are both on vertical polairity.

Last edited:
Maybe if the guys who mentioned their OTA channels also went and reported it to them, the channel operators/engineers would report it to the ME people, and then they'd fix it... If it is in fact and issue with their sat broadcast. Sort of a stealth method, so they don't cut off the people watching by sat and call it good.

I have found setting up the Feed Horn and Scalar as accurately as possible, perpendicular and parrallel where it should be, eliminated the majority of differences between channels on the same satellites on where they tuned in at. Now when I tune in KU band, C-Band is also right on. No more bumping the dish to get that "other channel" on the same sat. I used a laser pointer inserted into the ku feed horn on my Bullseye to help center it up and pin point my adjustments. Got out the tape measure and checked everything. :)

Was playing with it earlier....yeah something is wrong.

btw this was around 6PM ET.

Back from work, and ME is gone again. It's 6:52 EDT 9/1/12 right now, and it's been gone since before I got home just after 6pm. THIStv comes in fine, and everything else on this sat.

09/01/12..I checked between 6 and 6:30 PM CDT..Batman was playing fine. Also checked between 7 and 7:20 PM CDT..Lost In Space was coming in loud and clear. I don't watch METV all that often, but the times that I have watched it, I never experienced any problems with the signal.

09/01/12..I checked between 6 and 6:30 PM CDT..Batman was playing fine. Also checked between 7 and 7:20 PM CDT..Lost In Space was coming in loud and clear. I don't watch METV all that often, but the times that I have watched it, I never experienced any problems with the signal.

It's still gone here, not even a HINT of signal. Even THIStv vanished some time ago. It makes no sense why you can still receive it...

I just checked the footprint for this sat on satbeams.com, and my dish is certainly big enough even on a bad day. It usually comes in just fine, with all sorts of signal... 39 dBW Eirp level

http://satbeams.com/footprints?beam=6338 You can zoom in, right to your own property and check it! What Eirp level do others show?

Last edited:
It's still gone here, not even a HINT of signal. Even THIStv vanished some time ago. It makes no sense why you can still receive it...

I just checked the footprint for this sat on satbeams.com, and my dish is certainly big enough even on a bad day. It usually comes in just fine, with all sorts of signal... 39 dBW Eirp level

http://satbeams.com/footprints?beam=6338 You can zoom in, right to your own property and check it! What Eirp level do others show?

Do you have any problems tuning in the Lorac feeds on that bird? They seem tougher to tune in than does METV. On my 7.5 footer, I can click east or west a bit and not lose the METV feeds, but the Lorac feeds, it doesn't take as many clicks east or west to lose those feeds. Meaning once I have the channels locked and a good steady signal.

Do you have any problems tuning in the Lorac feeds on that bird? They seem tougher to tune in than does METV. On my 7.5 footer, I can click east or west a bit and not lose the METV feeds, but the Lorac feeds, it doesn't take as many clicks east or west to lose those feeds. Meaning once I have the channels locked and a good steady signal.

What transponder are they on? I don't see them listed on Lyngsat.

What transponder are they on? I don't see them listed on Lyngsat.

To be honest, now I'm not even certain if I should have mentioned them, the fact you say they are not listed on Lyngsat. I'll let the mods or other members decide. Personally, I rarely ever visit Lyngsat, so I wouldn't know what they have listed or what they don't.

To be honest, now I'm not even certain if I should have mentioned them, the fact you say they are not listed on Lyngsat. I'll let the mods or other members decide. Personally, I rarely ever visit Lyngsat, so I wouldn't know what they have listed or what they don't.

Well, they may be there under a different name. What programming do they show? I've just installed this dish and don't have it dialed in 100% yet. It's around 95% done, but I've been working a lot of OT, and work 12 hour shifts. It doesn't leave much time to do anything to tweak it better. That's one of the reason's for this thread.

Status
Please reply by conversation.