Everyone Else But DISH!!!

yes, most tv channels or niche. but can you really even begin to compare the price of Oxygen to MLB channel? kinda like comparing a Kia to a Porsche
You can, but isn't the ROI more important?? Which of those channels would add/keep more subs, and would it be enough to justify the price??

Maybe it's time that dish rethinks their strategies. It's obviously not working out. The thing I hate is the fact that dish is so hard headed that they won't listen to good customers. Stop blowing people off! There is a very good reason why your loosening subs!

part of the main reason i have dish, is that their packages are lower cost then direct tv. I would like it to stay that way, i dont want to have to pay more so you can watch baseball.

i get 95 % of my twins games on my local Fox sports net channel..

Looks like AT&T jumped on because of a change in MLB's offering and MLB's desire to add eyeballs. Will they go low enough to interest Charlie??

Major League Baseball hopes its cable TV network will reach 70 million U.S. homes before next season, but the U.S. sports league will not resort to giving more equity to broadcasters to speed the process along...

Since a record-setting launch in January 2009 in more than 50 million homes, expansion of the network has slowed. The deals to catapult it to 70 million homes could come before the start of the baseball season next spring, Petitti told Reuters Insider in a subsequent interview.

"There's two major players that don't have the network," he said. "If one of those players came in, we'd be right on top of the 70 (million) number, and if both come in we'd probably exceed it."

DISH and AT&T reach about 14.3 million and 2.7 million U.S. homes, respectively.

MLB Network shoots for 70 million U.S. homes | Reuters

part of the main reason i have dish, is that their packages are lower cost then direct tv. I would like it to stay that way, i dont want to have to pay more so you can watch baseball.

Unfortunately its 2011 and they still are not all in HD on Dish.....

More and more subs don't get *any* MLB with Dish (see NYC and area, Philly, San Diego), and for a large percentage of subs Dish isn't any cheaper anymore - esp. after paying the ridiculous DVR fees. People continue to leave Dish because they don't want to pay the same for less choice.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)