Everything destroyed

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Corrado

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Apr 2, 2007
Hudson Valley Region, NY
Today here in NY in the Hudson Valley around 4:pM EDT,we had near Tornado like conditions with large grape size hail and heavy wind. I was still at work,later when my son and I got home we cleaned the yard of tree branches and such. My son noticed a large tree out on the lawn with bark missing all the way to the base and said "I bet lightning did that".

I wondered if it caused any other damage and dismissed it at the time. About 8:30 we realized every piece of electronic equipment in the house,except this computer was destroyed. Three receivers, LNBFs, 2 TVs, VCR, DVD recorder, one clock and probably things we haven't found yet. The Uniden Ultra had smoke come out when it powered on. Second time damage to the big TV from a surge, but first time for lightning.

Here's a question perhaps someone knows before I call NPS. Will they transfer my subscription to other unit ID #s if I buy another 4DTV receiver(s)? Or will I be out of the remaining sub time?

Bad news, sorry you got zapped! I'm pretty sure switching your sub wouldn't be questioned. I have sev analog rec that are just stored, 3 or 4 extra VC plus modules that work if you need any of it. Hopefully your homeowner's insurance will take care
of your losses.

Sorry to hear about your misfortunes. Hopefully your Insurance will come through?
I've switched my account twice. The first time my 922 quit on me and I switched to a 920 I had purchased from a friend who decided to go with E*. Then a couple of years ago I had to switch again when the 920's battery went out. I switched to my Dad's 920, he no longer used, as Cable had come to town. And it was easier to use for my Mother.
I have since learned (thanks to this forum) that the 922, had overloaded the TDT count and I have done a Master Reset and it appears to be OK now. Just waiting for the subscription to run it's course, and will renew onto the 922. Should be in the middle of August for the Digital Package and December for the Movie Package.
Good Luck and Speed in getting everything back in order!

Al

PM me with your LNBF needs. Satellite AV would like to help you get up and going again with some free GEOSATpro LNBFs.

We also are a North America Fortec Star factory authorized repair center. Pay the shipping costs and if the unit is salvageable we will repair the Ultra with no bench fee.

Pass it forward!

Sorry to hear that,
I just went through it about a month ago,I hope You got insurance,and Your deduct. isn't to high.
They transferred mine 4dtv, no problems.

Update

Events like these can make this an expensive pastime. Thanks for the offers guys. I guess I will be forced to take the HDTV change over long before I planned if I want to have a big screen TV. I mainly watch old programs,which is why I enjoy RTN, TVLand and such. I'm curious how this fare will appear on HDTV.

I found a Uniden receiver on Ebay yesterday with 3 VCRS decoders for cheap and bought it. I hope it works. As of now I'm using the old Viacast for FTA, lucky it wasn't connected at the time. I guess I'll decide what to replace the aging Fortec with. I wish I could find another DSR905. I paid $159 in 2002 new and the used ones are selling for more now with possibility of a dead battery. I'll keep my eyes open for deals. I even made 2 stops yesterday while running errands to inquire at homes with big dishes and appeared unused. One guy said he would never part with it. Sounds like a friend. Another gave away the receiver. At least I know I can have his dish if I take it down.

I have a problem with NPS that is unresolved with customer service as of yesterday. Anyone know a customer service supervisor or manager to contact by email or phone?

John at NPS would be the best guy to contact, I had his contact info but I can't seem to find it, I am sure someone here will get it for you.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts