Everything was fine UNTIL (VOD issues?)

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

ohioankev

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jul 25, 2007
I woke up this morning and watched American Horror Story: Coven and Sons of Anarchy and my Hopper played them flawlessly. After SOA I decided I wanted to watch an episode of Deadwood from HBO via Video on Demand and that is where the fun begins! My Hopper becomes sluggish, acts like it's in a loop of switching back and forth from the VOD to Live TV so I restart my box. When I restart my unit and the Hopper starting splash goes away I stare at a black screen, no standby screen saver but I press the power button and my Hopper powers on. I tried HBO on Demand again the same thing happened, I had to restart my unit just to regain control of it again. It's so great to no be able to use a feature that you pay to use on a TV service. I hardly use Dishes VOD and I haven't really experienced problems with my Hopper except for the week when SYFY shows would be four times their normal size on the DVR. However that problem hasn't happened since I posted about it.

I'm not sure what the issue was but all seems to be working now. I tried what you suggested and streamed Torchwood Miracle Day and it worked so I gave HBO VOD/GO another shot and it's working. I do know at the time I was having issues it wasn't my internet because I was playing an online game/surfing the internet at the time and didn't have any issues.

I do know at the time I was having issues it wasn't my internet because I was playing an online game/surfing the internet at the time and didn't have any issues.
Perhaps THAT was the issue.

hopper will freak when the internet is messing around. I had to reboot it after a internet glitch when it was downloading some VOD and it just started flipping back and forth from the current view to the view of the VOD list.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)