Status
Please reply by conversation.

Mr Tony

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Nov 17, 2003
Mankato, MN
I don't think its been asked recently but other than the G4/X4 stuff exactly how much free DCII stuff is on KU?

I don't to move my C-Band (since it has to be ghetto moved) but KU I could. Probably wont sub to anything on G4/X4 but would like to see some free stuff up there.

Lyngsat doesn't show much (at least that I can see) but I'm not use to seeing DCII stuff listed ;)

Not too much ITC on Ku 4dtv...

Just a few PBS stations on AMC 3, AMC 5, and a schools channel on Galaxy 10R.
X4 had about 3 channels ITC, not too much ITC on Ku.

bummer

so its mainly C-Band then?

so I guess I'll ask......how much free stuff in DCII on C-Band? :D

but how does the box know about the stuff that pops up?

Since the box doesn't have a blind scan does it have to download the channel maps all the time? Or is this where those "general satellites" come into play?

Sorry if this sounds weird but I've never worked with 4DTV before.

With DC 2 all channels are mapped, but the 4dtv only receives certain channel maps. For those that aren't 4dtv mapped, you have to use generic satellites. There is no blind scan, so you have to know where the channel is and what the parameters are and then find a generic that fits to view the channel. Can't say anymore here though.

but how does the box know about the stuff that pops up?

Since the box doesn't have a blind scan does it have to download the channel maps all the time? Or is this where those "general satellites" come into play?

Sorry if this sounds weird but I've never worked with 4DTV before.

Using the generic satellite maps is easy once you learn how. I use them all the time. You would be surprised the things you can get from time to time. Can't say any more here.

I read an article here: http://www.coolstf.com/4play/

It discusses the understanding of channel maps in the 4DTV receivers. Never tried it obviously cause I don't even have my BUD set up but it's good reading material.

ADDENDUM: Is this illegal? (You may ask)

Nothing is being done with the conditional access system that's built into DCII - it discusses matters on telling the receiver about channels that it can receive, but Motorola elects not to include in it's channel maps.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts