4156H Dark On 99W.

JFOK

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Aug 12, 2012
Cape Cod - MA.
Hi all,

Went to tune into NBC last night on 99w and found it and the two other channels in this mux, dark. There is a signal (10.6 db) but no audio or video.
Anyone know whats going on ?

John

Just went to this one to see what I got. My receiver has that TP at 4159 H 5790 and the Q on it is 69/72%. 4180 V 27500 on that bird is screaming @ 85%!

Just saying.................

Can't pick it up here anymore either. I haven't tried a rescan though.

Hi all,

You would think with all the knowledgeable people here, someone would have a handle on whats going on with this transponder.

John

Reactions: royrose
Hi all,

Just checked back in this morning on this mux (4156) on 99w, to see if there were any changes. Well there is…the signal that was there minus audio and video, is now gone.

John

• Sad
Reactions: FTA4PA
I don't know if they care enough to scramble over such a small group of people. I don't care to watch that mux although I sometimes go there just to see how well I've learned Spanish.

TheEel,

Well…many networks feel the need to scramble over our small group of enthusiasts.
BTW…the stations in this mux are english speaking.

John

TheEel,

Well…many networks feel the need to scramble over our small group of enthusiasts.
BTW…the stations in this mux are english speaking.

John
Last time I checked some of the commercials were in Spanish. The regular programming was in English.

Reactions: JFOK
Well, This answers my questions and more. I updated my receiver early Saturday AM and tried to scan in that carrier and got absolutely nothing here too! That dude that contacted the up-linker may have killed it's return unencrypted for us all! And that is the only NBC I have here since the main feeds are now encrypted! Dang it no LA Fire for me when the show returns.. Thanks for the sad news!

Hi all,

For what it’s worth, that guy over at Rick’s who contacted the Caribbean Broadcasting Co. has taken alot of heat for his actions.
Also…not that it matters much now, but it would have been nice for Caribbean Broadcasting to alert us that their signal would end, much like other satellite broadcasters have done in the past.
I wonder how this LOS is affecting those down in the Virgin Islands.

John

I can kinda sorta get NBC and ABC with my antenna when the weather is clear, not too common for here. They’re like 40-50 miles south but almost in line with several lakes. But CBS and FOX, zilch. They’re supposedly only 18 miles but they’re more like due east, and the way the land is cut from the glaciers, plus all the forests, makes a signal impossible.

So FOX is the real bummer. There are at least a couple Wolverines games coming up on FOX.

Kinda like it is here But if I had internet access where my repeater site is located I can get about 28 channels pointed the same direction. Otherwise a rim shot signal from PBS is it,located in a bowl of sort I'm lucky that works.. It would have been nice to have a little warning so it wasn't as strong of a hit LOL

Reactions: JFOK