EXCLUSIVE: Dish Vip 622 & Vip 222 Specs

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
afigbee said:
Anyone notice that second sign in the photo of the 622 reads "DishCOMM technology allows phone and other data to be sent throughout the home over existing power wiring" --?

But I can't stop thinking about what they plan to be transmitting through my homes' existing power wiring!
It is explained in the PDFs that Scott posted.

DishCOMM = Homeplug. Your receivers will network via Homeplug so only one of them will need to be connected to a phone line.

It would be REAL slow to x-fer video over.

Shawn

I missed the pdfs. I'm familiar with the idea of home networking through the electric wires, but I'd never realized it was incorporated with the Dish receiver boxes.

The Homeplug website, http://www.homeplug.org/en/index.asp shows the 942 is equipped for it. Does anyone use it?
Can you output just the audio from the Sirius channels into speakers throughout the house?

Skimming through the site I can't see any information about surge protection. Do the adapters themselves take care of that?
It gives the impression Dish is planning to be the the central switch in home entertainment systems.

SummitAdvantageRetailer said:
By the way, this is coming from a guy who has 2 HDTV's in his house with another coming within a year's time. I take back the last statement about not many people having even 1 HD TV in their home. The penetration is in double digit percentage but having more than 1 HD TV in the home is still very small.

True many people are just now geting there HDTVS but sale are ramping up especaly now that the supply chain problems for LCD and plama set are now resolved with 5 new fab plants built and coming on line which will lower costs with the incresed production.
Also many people who bought HD sets in the past 3 years are now geting there second and thrid sets as in my house 2 of the 3 TVs are HD and the other is bady in need of replacment as it an old sony that does not even had S-vidio conection

what would be nice idea to build is a main card tunner box that would send a secure wireless key to 2 to 4 other boxs so they would not need cards
as I think it is a big rip off to charge 5 bucks a month to run equipment that satlite does not even own or maintain