Exclusive: Scott Reviews the new Dish 322 & 522

Stargazer said:
Some customers may want UHF capability with the first tuner as well because they may want to split the first tuner to different tv's so that they can watch something different than on the tv's with the second tuner connected to it.

If I can ever get my hands on one of these units I will run A/V cables to my main tv and vcr, send tuner1 through a channel 4 combiner and distribution amp to all three tv's and vcr, send tuner2 through uhf also to all three tv's and my vcr for complete flexability. I will use a parimid for tuner 1 with extra remotes for both tuners and extra tv's. :)

501 obsolete from Superdish?

Will my 501 be obsolete when I upgrade to Superdish (say with a 522)? I would still like to be able to record with my 501 in a different room.

I know I can use a pyramid on the first tuner on the 322 or 522 but it will only go 100 ft. vs. 200 ft the second tuner will be able to do.

I have a lot of walls and a garage next to my house. The garage just barely got the signal from a 4900 receiver I used to have and will not pick up on the newer UHF receivers or with the UHF upgrade kit since they have a little less range. The 200 ft. range capability would solve this issue for me and others that need to turn channels clear at the end of their house or in their garage next to their house. I would rather keep all the receivers in one room and currently use a UHF and IR pyramid to allow the other rooms to receive the signal from the remotes.

Looks great!!! But I didn't see any photos of the guide in the review. Do you happen to have any photos of the guide screen?

Here is a picture of the guide, its big because if I shrink it down it looks REALLY out of focus.

Beware, its a REALLY big picture. :D

And again sorry, it's the best that I have of the guide.

Thanks, just what I wanted to see. I was really hoping for more than 5 lines of display (on a big screen TV there's really a lot more room available). I keep wishing they'd make the number of lines a configuration option. Oh well, I still want one!

You don't necessarly need a large home to need a remote that can shoot 200 feet, some homes are built using steel beams, or have highly insollated walls, both of which can cut the transmission distance of a UHF remote. :)

Thats the problem that I have, so many walls. The setup I would really like to have in which would make things a lot easier would be having a long range wireless A/V sender then you just take the remote and small A/V receiver to the room you want to view the programming (or keep it on some of the rooms).

I know they make a LeapFrog receiver that uses a phone line but dont know how far those work with sending and receiving remote commands (I read somewhere it had a 500 ft range but am not sure about that).

As posted in another thread here,

It was announced today that the 522 will be available at the end of October for $399.

Welcome to SatelliteGuys.US!

Where is the Model 211

Scott,

Has there been any more talk about the Model 211 HDTV receiver to be used with Mitsubishi TV's, or has this model been eliminated.

Has it ever been officially announced that this would count as 1 receiver for billing purposes?

Yes while not announced to the general public this was announced to the retailers at last weeks Mini Team Summit in Baltimore.