Local HD coverage

Smiley79

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
May 3, 2004
Evansville, IN
I'm a new Dish sub, and I have a quick question about local HD coverage. I currently get all of my local channels just fine, but was wondering if I'm supposed to get the local HD channels as well (using the 811). I noticed that I have 2 sets of local channels (for instance Ch 7 and 7367 are both Fox). Is one of those sets of local channels supposed to broadcast HD content (when available)? I know in my area, I should at least be getting ABC, NBC, and PBS in HD, but have yet to see any of these channels broadcast anything in HD while I've had Dish. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

long_time_DNC said:
Welcome, Smiley!

Unfortunately, there are no locals in HD via Dish as yet. You could get them in HD via antenna, if you're within range. Best suggestion would be to check www.antennaweb.org and see if you can get them OTA.

Thanks for the reply. I am within range for the digital stations (got local HD just fine using Voom's OTA antenna). Does Dish supply an OTA antenna with their setups or is it something I have to get and install on my own?

Smiley,

Hopefully you received the free Winegard upgrade when you had V*. Mine works great even with my POS D* 811.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)