excuse my luck of knowledge on voom; i have a ?

MVAUSTINTX

Original poster
Jun 15, 2004
austin, tx
I have read some thread regarding that if we need a phone line or not to install voom. I know that voom's agreements states that you (customer) must have a phone line. As i have read several posts that this is not necessary to install voom; my question to you. I try to order voom thru there 800 number and they ask me if I have a phone line; A) do i just give them my work number as a home phone number? B) If i do that does it create problems in isntalling voom and/or upgraded any software later on in the future? I have read that their updates are done via Satellite; is this thrue in All cases?

Thanks. I am new to this satellite dish deal. Sorry if this have already been answer in another threads. :eek:

mvaustintx,

welcome,landline not currently required but be warned that they have stated that it might be needed later on. Satellite updates are done through the serial number of the box so you don't need to worry about it.

Mine wont call home it does not have the right number in it I was trying to make it do that and kept saying it was unsucessful. Went to modem stup and listened on the phone while it dialed and it got one of those "the number you are calling is no longer in service messages"

I don't have mine plugged in right now either. The line is back there, I just don't feel like moving my TV again just to get to it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)