EASTERN SD--Ultimate Electronics to Close--Wouldn't have if they had VOOM demo!

bookwalk

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Feb 10, 2005
Very sad day for one of the best dealers in SE South Dakota in Digital and HD tv's--the largest in the largest city, but it closes next week for good. Other stores in Minneapolis area still open, but not this one.

This is where I bought my SONY LCD Projector--very sad, empty store. IF they only had VOOM as a demo, they would have sold like hotcakes.

None of the screens had any high-quality HD and they have all the brands, Samsung, Sony, Mitsubishi, Panasonic, LG, Zenith, JVC.

People just aren't buying the HD sets when they have no quality input. The biggest city in SD had no demo store for VOOM--I tried to find one. Sears had the 17" LCD--wow!

If people could see the variety of HD on VOOM, they would never hesitate to buy HD tv's and Ultimate Electronics would still be in business. Sioux Falls is a hot little city--growing in lots of ways--economy, jobs, etc and it has a lot of new housing going up--lots of high income households looking for hq entertainment.

They were never getting it with any other source, obviously--or HD sets would have been selling hotter.

Very sad day--very gloomy store--all the sets blaring and nobody in the store, but a few lonely salesmen with very sad faces.

Hey--if anyone in Eastern SD wants a great deal on HD's--the liquidator starts selling next week--April 8 or 9, I believe. No store warranty--just the mfg warranty, so buyer beware--if you take any store demo sets--remember the bulbs probably have a LOT of hours on them.

they are closing 2 store here in Phoenix as well. It really is sad because they had a wide selection of home electronics, and HDTV's that really showed some astounding picture quality(compared to Best Buy and Fry's demo's).

They did themselves in though. Hardly any advertising, no "sales", not much of an online presence. The prices were just not competitive at all in there.

The cool thing about them is that the salespeople worked on commission. So I was able to get the person to pricematch and throw in extra things so that i wouldn't walk out the store.

I'll miss their selection.

Shoot I only know of two stores here in PHX!

I went there before I bought my HDTV. Their HD feed was horrid. Back in the projection TV section it was hard to evaluate the sets because the picture was breaking up so badly.

Do you know which stores in PHX are closing? The two near me are the arrowhead one and the Metro Center one. The Metro Center one has to be one of the most stupidly placed 'higher end' electronic stores on the planet. Are they doing any kind of liquidation sales?

Shawn

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)