VOOM in Eastern IOWA

IOWADISHDUDE

Original poster
May 14, 2004
Anyone else out there?

Had satellite install folks out of Waterloo do the install. Did a descent job...with some assistance from me in the attic.

Had a few lock-ups at first, until I realized not to touch the blasted thing until it was completly loaded.

Give me a shout back Iowans.

Dave

I live in Bettendorf, IA and will be getting my installation 6/4/2004. I can't wait :) .

I know the company who's doing my install, but don't know where they're from. We have a 563 area code here and they have a 319 area code, so they must be from the Iowa City/Cedar Rapids/Waterloo area.

watch out!i bet it will be wartech.that is who did my install in ottumwa.it was hellish.if it is wartech, i would call and ask for someone else.

it IS Wartech. Are they THAT bad? I might have to call Voom to see what they can do.

yes they are that bad.ask for yates sat out of ottumwa.that is who i had them schedule the upgraded antenna.ive spoke to roger the owner on the phone, and he is all about doing the install the right way the first time.he has emailed me with all the specs on what he is bringing and has called several times to let me know the status of the install.

Supposed to hooking me up Monday afternoon, Johnston is the installer.

Iowa City

I just got installed (I live in Bettendorf, IA) from Extreme Services out of Iowa City. I wasnt even here, my wife let the guy in. He did a very professional setup for us. Now I'm enjoying the GREAT picture. :D

Any Voomers in the Quad-City Area? So far so good on my Voom service, except I cannot pick up WHBF-4. I get some sound and on occasion the top-half of a picture, but it looks like it's having problems getting a signal. I'm just trying to figure out if it's my problem or WHBF in Rock Island.

fantomas,
good to hear everything went smooth.as for your over the air channels , i would ask sean mota.

Well I decided to climb up on my roof and turn the OTA Antenna. Doing this got me 3 more local channels! :D

Now if I could only get my neighbor to cut down his big tree so I could pick up WB out of Iowa City... ;)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts