Executive Shake Up at DISH Network

The whole DIRT team is pretty awesome, actually. What would be great to see, though, would be a combined team for DIRT. Mix the great customer service guys with some good field techs on sites like this, and Dish could do a lot of good.

huh?
You just sounded like my dad on a Saturday night after 12 beers... :p

Huh? Than give them a call and you will here the left hand dosent know what the right it doing......Sorry my english isnt up to your standards!!!!....so please just keep insulting people Im sure you will feel much better!

Huh? Than give them a call and you will here the left hand dosent know what the right it doing......Sorry my english isnt up to your standards!!!!....so please just keep insulting people Im sure you will feel much better!

I'll give this one to you, ICE. If it were me.......................Just get sober!

I'll give this one to you, ICE. If it were me.......................Just get sober!

Just funny ... *you* didn't understand was AZ was saying ... yet MATT knew.. and was able to explain one of the behind the scenes complaints..

in re: the left hand doesn't know what the right hand is doing.

And Matt .. if after more than 11 months ... DISH PROPER hasn't sent out memos to identify who, what, and where Dish IRT is .. Then I stick by my earlier comments ... because again .. DISH sent you and the team out without the tools and internal support that they should have.

I feel sorry for you and the team ... rock and a hard place.

I can understand why the CSR, and supervisor you spoke with have not heard of the DISH Internet Response Team. We are still considered a new department, and are very small compared to most other departments (about 20 people in DIRT). Also, most call centers have not heard of us because we are only located in this one center (even people here don't know what DIRT is). I can assure you that we are a real department, and do work directly for DISH Network (with authorization to work on sites such as this one, and DBStalk). DIRT is here to help with anything that we can to the best of our ability.
I can back up what Matt says and I have worked with Charlie Ergen, Ira Bahr, Tom Cullen, Bernie Han and many others who all know about the DIRT team. :)

DIRT is the BEST THING Dish has EVER done. :)

They can't fix everything... just almost everything. :D

And Matt .. if after more than 11 months ... DISH PROPER hasn't sent out memos to identify who, what, and where Dish IRT is .. Then I stick by my earlier comments ... because again .. DISH sent you and the team out without the tools and internal support that they should have.
Just because DISH hasn't sent you your own personal notification that DIRT is here does not mean one has not gone out.

DISH has all the tools to they can get to help folks, but they don't have magical powers to fix things like software issues, which are done outside their office. If you are waiting for them to get those powers you might as well wait for a fat guy in a red suit to come down your chimney to bring gifts and eat cookies and milk as it will probably happen before they get those powers. But they do use the powers they have and use them well. They might not be up to your standards but I have a feeling NOTHING is.

Not only is the DIRT team well informed, but they also listen and learn from their constituency.

Maybe Dish should start using DIRT members or DIRT GRADUATES to train CSR's so they need not depend so heavily on their scripts or at least have an idea of what the real world is like.

I agree DIRT is the best thing that DISH has done. DIRT kept my Mom from switching to DirecTV after an annoyingly frustrating talk with the typical DISH CSR. Never again will I make the mistake of not contacting DIRT as long as they are around. I just wish that all of DISH's CS was up to the DIRT-quality standards. I'm just incredibly grateful that they are here, and DISH should keep in mind it's people like DIRT that keep people like me from switching to competitors. DISH also needs to keep in mind that their phone reps can also run people away, and there are only so many people that 20 DIRT members can satisfy, compared to the large amounts of people being frustrated with outsourced phone CS.

It's mainly the phone reps' lack of knowledge on the subject and insistence that they stick to the scripts, half of the time getting stuck on the wrong script feeding useless information and wasting people's time. Then as mentioned, there's the whole left-hand right-hand deal. Now I know that mediocre phone support is becoming the norm with big businesses these days but DISH can make themselves really stand out if they take the DIRT concept to their phone support.

I dont drink. Havent drank in probably 12-13 years now :)
I'm usually his Designated Driver/Taxi for him and his buddies. make some good side money

2 things
1. funny how you attack me and yet KAB said pretty much the same thing. I just used a metaphor
2. I have Dish and use DIRT exclusively for issues. I had Dish twice before starting in 2002 and I know that the regular CSR's dont know what they're doing most of the time. Why should I call in when I can send a member of DIRT a PM and they take care of it within a few minutes.

As a Dish CSR/Trainer, I have heard of DIRT and I have worked with them help customers. DIRT is ONE of the best resources we as Dish Network has. DIRT is a great mix of what dish has to offer, I for one have learn a lot and yes there is some people that I work with don't have the same pride in what they do but I can say I care and I am always looking to make sure I am up on all of updates/changes and other important information. This in no way is the opinion of Dish Network and solely is my own.

Please all of you call a CSR and ask or talk about the DIRT team!!!!...They dont exist, and my favorite from 2 weeks ago, If they are on this site or dbs talk they shouldnt be and if there found here they will be fired! LOL.....So I asked the superviser why dosent he come here write down there names and send it to his higher superviser than he is? His reply was it wasnt his job. Just like when you call a CSR over and over and get lied to....Its not there job, they just fill out the ticket and submite it!!!!! Wonder why things are so snookered up on ALL ENDS of dishnetwork? There more than happy to sell you something that dosent work as advertised, but fix mistakes, bad upgrades.....well, well thats a whole different story!!!!!
i guess when i talked to matt or mary i was talking to ghosts? they are awesome people. well, all the IRT is awesome. lol

I can back up what Matt says and I have worked with Charlie Ergen, Ira Bahr, Tom Cullen, Bernie Han and many others who all know about the DIRT team.
the last time I checked when the average joe calls dish, Ergen doesn't pick up the phone! So when you call the company .. and THE COMPANY employee tells you Dish IRT doesn't exist .. you may start questioning these people "on the internet" that are asking for account or phone number information. And *THAT* is what I took AZ to be explaining .. that there are people on the phone that will tell you Dish IRT does not exist, and say Dish IRT shouldn't be saying they are "dish" etc etc etc (&& *on the phone* which some of you seem to confuse with places like SatGuys, DishSupport, DBST etc.. when AZ specifically said "call" - No scott not directed at you, there are plenty of others that jumped on the AZ bandwagon)

Just because DISH hasn't sent you your own personal notification that DIRT is here does not mean one has not gone out.
DISH has all the tools to they can get to help folks, <snipped>
They might not be up to your standards but I have a feeling NOTHING is.
ha ha, very funny poke as if I think I'm such hot sh*t that "I" should be so golden to have notification? lame Scott ... seriously. Its again INTERNAL to Dish that Dish's PHONE CSR's and Tech Chat persons assert the Dish IRT is not real, should not be telling customers lies because Dish IRT is not part of dish .. THAT is what the CSR's are telling us .. So dish didn't even bother telling their front line people "hey we have this group called Dish IRT" ... and more than 11 months and this issue *STILL* exists...

Now as to the "dish has all the tools" ... Dish IRT did *NOT* have all the tools. Matt G had to go and badger or at least walk next door and brow beat someone for ERROR CODES to DRA/DO. F**KING ERROR CODES! From one part of dish to the other, for a group to have instructions on how to repair or trouble shoot or even know what the customer *should* be seeing???

Not giving Dish IRT the tools they needed DAY ONE to perform their job was a dis-service to Dish IRT. Time has caught Dish IRT up some .. but even up to a month ago, there are STILL Dish IRT persons that would actually insist a major ISP like AT&T, Comcast, Cox, <insert ISP here> would block port 80 or 443. ... or even imply that *inbound* to the Dish Receiver port 80 or 443 needs to be mapped. BOTH of which are ABSOLUTELY WRONG! There would be times any ISP might block access to "some" domains, some ips ... but as a general rule traffic is traffic, AND EVEN BETTER is to just simply have the user type the web address that the sling/receiver is attempting to connect to into a browser, and get immediate proof that the ports are not blocked...

BUT WHO HERE Throwing insults like they are god has even thought to look through the Websling log, pull out the URL's that *ARE* listed in there, and give them to a user to test in their browser, LET ALONE be a Dish CSR or even Dish IRT member *not* trying to expedite the customer off to "someone else" as a potential problem has to be resolved eleswhere (ie. pointing fingers with no real basis)?

and no *I* don't count myself in that group, except that I don't give the url's because 999 times of 1000 it *wont* be blocked and is a waste of time.. but someone in dish still thinks that stupidity floats ... yeah *thats* smart on Dish's part

Not only is the DIRT team well informed, but they also listen and learn from their constituency.

Maybe Dish should start using DIRT members or DIRT GRADUATES to train CSR's so they need not depend so heavily on their scripts or at least have an idea of what the real world is like.
Has Dish IRT gotten up to speed quickly? sure .. do they still have gaps? cracks in the facade? yes. They are *NOW* more well informed.. but from the starting line, it seems almost like many of them were very new ... possibly the truth that they were getting untold freedoms from script hell. for the rest of "how informed" re-read the above, there are plenty of examples where Dish IRT (and again its not *their* fault) didn't have background knowledge.

I deeply agree that Dish IRT is THE BEST at CSR work .. they are getting better on the technical side .. but their resources are hamstrung by Dish .. or as I call them "Dish Proper" meaning Dish Network Corporate Home Hell,, you pick. Simply look again above, re-read that Dish IRT didn't have all the error codes, meanings, and any pointers for steps to resolve the error messages as they would be reported to the user, right there from the player app itself.

Such lack of information is again.. *not* well informed... and i don't blame Dish IRT ... I blame Dish "Proper"

So when you call the company .. and THE COMPANY employee tells you Dish IRT doesn't exist .. you may start questioning these people "on the internet" that are asking for account or phone number information.

That's what I got too out of those posts...that Dish phone CSR's are doing a disservice to DIRT by claiming they don't exist. And a disservice to the customer by eliminating the DIRT option from the minds of the customer. ON TOP OF providing poor or non-existent or just plain wrong customer service. :p

i guess when i talked to matt or mary i was talking to ghosts? they are awesome people. well, all the IRT is awesome. lol
And if you're not bothering to read the thread maybe this reply will get through directly ... if you'd read what AZ said.. hes saying *you* .. each of you personally should call DISH ... a regular PHONE CSR .. and that the experience he's had (as I've had and so have others) is that the CSR's at Dish don't know about Dish IRT. .. Again pointing this back to Scott's comments that "Ergen knows they exist"... Ergen doesn't answer the telephone for tier 1 customer service anytime *I've* called... do you think the CEO does?.. so ... what HE knows means jack, if he's not sending internal memos clearing up the issue for the front lines.. or even insisting that the Front Lines *not* be making such statements about things they *may not* know about... etc..

but no.. you've got to add yourself to the cadre for today... the inbreds .. those that believe they are the all mighty sh*ts of everything.

I dont drink. Havent drank in probably 12-13 years now :)
I'm usually his Designated Driver/Taxi for him and his buddies. make some good side money
Sorry if you misunderstood. Was referring to the other guy...Mr. Incoherent. You and I are on the same page.

While this has turned to a DIRT discussion, I wish directv would have a equal from all I read dirt had helped many folks out

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)