Executive Shake Up at DISH Network

I can understand why the CSR, and supervisor you spoke with have not heard of the DISH Internet Response Team. We are still considered a new department, and are very small compared to most other departments (about 20 people in DIRT). Also, most call centers have not heard of us because we are only located in this one center (even people here don't know what DIRT is). I can assure you that we are a real department, and do work directly for DISH Network (with authorization to work on sites such as this one, and DBStalk). DIRT is here to help with anything that we can to the best of our ability.

I am glad the DIRT team is here to help out. Keep up the great work MattG.

Do we have Jealous Dish CSR"s (who were not invited to join DIRT) inhabiting this site? I am not sure about TG2 but it would not suprise me if AZ was a Dish CSR

This may be the wrong place for this post, but does anyone know what happened to the Charlie Chat and that other Tech program that Dish use to have on channel 100? I always rely on the front page news to notify me and then would schedule it. Haven't seen it in a while. Thanks to all who reply.

This may be the wrong place for this post, but does anyone know what happened to the Charlie Chat and that other Tech program that Dish use to have on channel 100? I always rely on the front page news to notify me and then would schedule it. Haven't seen it in a while. Thanks to all who reply.
10 years ago i would have been wondering the same thing but lately those shows just became a Dish PR statement

Please all of you call a CSR and ask or talk about the DIRT team!!!!...They dont exist, and my favorite from 2 weeks ago, If they are on this site or dbs talk they shouldnt be and if there found here they will be fired! LOL.....So I asked the superviser why dosent he come here write down there names and send it to his higher superviser than he is? His reply was it wasnt his job. Just like when you call a CSR over and over and get lied to....Its not there job, they just fill out the ticket and submite it!!!!! Wonder why things are so snookered up on ALL ENDS of dishnetwork? There more than happy to sell you something that dosent work as advertised, but fix mistakes, bad upgrades.....well, well thats a whole different story!!!!!

Translation:
If you call the CSR numbers, they will tell you there is no such thing as DIRT. (the poster, isn't saying DIRT doesn't exist, just that they have been TOLD it doesn't exist)
About 2 weeks ago the poster was told (by a CSR I assume) that if such a person were to exist and they were found to be posting on this site, that person would be fired from DISH.
The poster suggested that the CSR should take down the names of the people on the site, and TRY to get them fired. (assuming that the CSR would be told to go stick head in bucket, leave DIRT alone)
The CSR responded that it wasn't their job to do such.

The poster goes on the say that DISH is messed up and other stuff that we all already know.

Hope this helps...

And if you're not bothering to read the thread maybe this reply will get through directly ... if you'd read what AZ said.. hes saying *you* .. each of you personally should call DISH ... a regular PHONE CSR .. and that the experience he's had (as I've had and so have others) is that the CSR's at Dish don't know about Dish IRT. .. Again pointing this back to Scott's comments that "Ergen knows they exist"... Ergen doesn't answer the telephone for tier 1 customer service anytime *I've* called... do you think the CEO does?.. so ... what HE knows means jack, if he's not sending internal memos clearing up the issue for the front lines.. or even insisting that the Front Lines *not* be making such statements about things they *may not* know about... etc..

but no.. you've got to add yourself to the cadre for today... the inbreds .. those that believe they are the all mighty sh*ts of everything.
i'm not all mighty of anything. now it seems that everyone is getting upset for no reason and i am part of no cadre.

Good questions. I'm most concerned about Vivek having two hats nowadays, and firmware never getting updated, even for egregious errors. And what about the DishOnline/Sling train wreck? Who's minding the store over there?

But then again a week or so ago I sent Matt a request to bump the account back to Welcome Pack and before I walked down to the living room to check it was already changing programming..

so maybe they are ghosts ;)

inazsully said:
OK, so there's an executive shake up. Two questions jump to mind. Did they leave or were they pushed out? What kind of changes can we expect as far as programming?

I talked to both Ira and Vivek via email ( who is on vacation out of the country) and from what I can tell no one was pushed out. Ira very much lives dish but he's been doing this so long that he needs a change and that is why he is leaving.

I guess the issue then .. is what exactly has Vivek been doing as Technology Czar when we don't have fixes for DO, DRA, 722/L721 & other not connecteds, and Sling Extender? Maybe he *should* move into marketing and get a replacement technology champion...

that is.. where do we point the blame for the technology fubar that IS what we see as dish customers? and how then do we get DISH to see this, and start working on fixes!?

People come and go in the corporate workplace. It is no secret things at dish have changed, with change people move around, get fired or just move on. I reading nothing into this.....business as usual.

Maybe you should apply and make everything all better. :)

Sent from my iPad using The SatelliteGuys app!
see.. and here it all comes back to a harsh attitude. WTF? Are you really going to tell me and everyone else that Dish's sh*t don't stink? Because that's what the snide remark says to me ... you poke fun when the real issue is that Dish gets away with crap...

when was the last time Sling worked reliably for you in your home? ... I seem to remember you've been having problems too ... so you think the Technical Side of things at dish is really so great?

Its one thing to know the guy, to respect that he can't do something and share that as the "yeah i know and he can't ..." Post to everyone but snipe with the attitude... its just lame. Same thing with KAB's crack yesterday ... I make valid points and rather than agree we need to tell dish to fix things.. the "cadre" of SatGuys just wants to snipe.

Edit: in fact I'd LOVE if you'd forward some of my comments to Vivek ... maybe if he's thick skinned enough for it, we can start a dialog ... you're in a position Scott that *you* could be approaching him with these things.. have you? is there anything that can be shared with the rest of us that so desperately want dish to make a positive dent on their technology failings ... do you have any such items you can share?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)