Exede Satellite--Dish Anywhere-Anybody

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

kubotayoda

Original poster
May 3, 2020
FLORIDA
Does anyone on here have Exede/Viasat Internet service and use Dish Anywhere? If so does it work well? Have you ever run the test on Hopper to see what the speed is?

I don't have that, but I do know the latency of it and I can't see how it would work all that well with the DANY stuff. You might be able to watch something, but chances are it'll buffer a lot and depending on the traffic, may take a while to play. Satellite internet latency is just too high.

Reactions: HipKat
And using it will eat up data on Excede/Viasat. There is a small data cap with the service and that won't go well either.

Reactions: HipKat
How do you know the OP won't use DishAnywhere only locally? I think that might work well.

Reactions: Tampa8
How do you know the OP won't use DishAnywhere only locally? I think that might work well.
Yes, if the OP is going to use DishAnywhere with a Firestick within his home in place of a receiver then it would work. There is a short use of data when establishing the connection but then it goes to the internal system.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts